Chapter 31

#TPOFNahalungkat

A/N: Sorry, now lang nakapag update! Had a long talk with Miss Jaetastic last night, napasarap usapan eiii. Love you and thank you sooo much, if you're reading this! Sorry for the grammatical errors and misspelled words. Thank you, enjoy reading!

-

"Wake up little guy..." pukaw ko sa anak kong mahimbing pang natutulog. It's only 4 am in the morning, to be transparent with you.

"Hmmm...Ma..." he grunted and moved to the side but then didn't show any interest of getting up. "It's so early even the chickens haven't woke up yet...why are you so nosy?" 

"You will meet your Lola today, remember?" 

Napabalikwas siya ng tayo sa kama. "Ngayong araw ba yun, Ma?" 

"Yep, so I advise you to take a bath and change your clothes because we're going to Zambales." I commanded him. I gave him few shots of kisses and cuddles before I finally went out of the room.

Tinapos ko naman ang pag-iimpake ko sa kabilang kuwarto. I only brought a small bag dahil hindi rin naman kami magtatagal doon. Maybe a day or two, and we will not be staying there for a vacation. I'm going there for Nate to let him recognize and to bond with his grandmother. Naalala ko, hindi nga pala ako pwedeng maging selfish at i-sarado ang anak ko sa mga bisig ko na kahit alam kong may iba pa siyang kamag-anak maliban sa akin at kina Lea at Robin. I think...it's time for him to unwind with our guidance also.

Pumasok ulit ako sa kuwarto ng anak ko at ako na ang kumuha ng mga damit niya. Rinig ko ang tunog ng patak ng tubig sa shower, and yes, he's taking a bath at this early. Okay na rin yun, sanay naman siya sa mga malalamig. I took some clothes and placed it on the same bag. Isang bag lang talaga ang nagamit naming dalawa. I saw Nate on his towel getting out of the comfort room and I assisted him on putting his clothes. When I sensed that he was already ready ay bumaba na kami ng sala at tuluyan nang lumabas ng bahay.

He was responsible enough to open the door for me, nakita niya sigurong medyo nahihirapan akong bitbitin ang bag at ang isa pang bag ko. I have so many bags with me and I don't have any idea why, nasisiraan na ata ako ng bait dahil sa mga bitbiting to. Hahaha, ewan ko ba. I jampacked them inside the compartment para walang istorbo ang anak ko sa likuran. I really want him to be beside me but since that little guy is a sleepyhead, mas mabuting doon nalang siya sa likod nang makahiga siya at kahit papano'y komportable.

"Okay ka lang ba, nak?"

"Opo." he quietly replied. "What about you, Mom?" 

"I'm fine. I got enough sleep naman for this drive. You don't have to worry about me." I caressed his hair. "You should catch up sleep, wag mo na alalahanin si Mama." 

"Okay then, I will. I'm so antok pa talaga Mommy." he yawned and then just like the young night, he fell asleep.

-

"Ma?" 

"Hija, you're here!" Mama hugged me so tight. "Where's..." 

Nagpakita si Nate mula sa likuran ko na kasalukuyang nahihiya at marahang ngumiti sa Lola niya. Mama was all eyes on him, beaming and teary-eyed upon seeing her grandson for the first time since he was born. Alam ko yung feeling na ganun, because if I would see my mother again, I would be feeling the same thing after years of forgetting her all along in my life.

She hugged my son as she wept in his arms. Nate was looking at me, seeking what she would do but I just gave him a shrug, as if I was saying that 'just let her be'. Nate softly caressed his Lola's back and uttered. "Are you okay po? Why are you crying?"

She parted the hug and gave a light laugh. "Lola is just overwhelmed baby. I can't believe I am seeing you now. You're such a big guy na, I am pretty sure ang cute cute mo nung bata bata ka pa. You look a lot like your mother but then the way you talk...naalala ko ang tatay mo." once again, a tear escaped from her eye.

My son's eyes twinkled with happiness by the mentioning of hsi dad...which I never expected. Mas lalo akong nagulat sa naging reaksyon niya. "Really? I want to see him so bad! Did you bring him with you, Lola?"

She silenced...and switched the topic.

"Before anything else, mag tanghalian muna kayo. Sakto ang dating niyo kasi kakahain lang ng pagkain sa hapag." she beamed.

"Well, you're right La. My tummy is rumbling." he murmured while getting inside into the mansion all by himself. He ran to the possible path locating where would be the kitchen at parang nahanap na niya dahil hindi na ito bumalik.

Pumasok na rin kaming dalawa ni Mama. The level of my uneasyness is pretty alarming. Sobrang awkward ng nararamdaman ko ngayon. I feel so weird, na nadagdagan pa when Nate brought up the thing about his father. I can't blame my son because I know he's been longing for his father for six years.

"K-kamusta na si Ogie?" I took a whole lot of courage to ask that question in her face. Handa akong tanggapin ano mang sasabihin niya sa akin. "I mean...you switched the topic when my son asked about it."

"Alam nating dalawa na hindi niya maiintindihan, hija." she said in a low tone.

"Ma, alam niya ang lahat ng ito. For the record, alam niyang nakalimutan na siya ng tatay niya." I said through gritted teeth.

"That's because you told him." she concluded.

"Hindi bobo at hindi tanga si Nate para hindi makahalata sa nangyayari sa paligid niya." Thank you for reminding me, Robin. "I have no intention or bringing this topic up again because I don't care anymore. What's important Ma is I have Nate, and that is my definition of contentment. Pero ginagawa ko lang to para sa anak ko. At least malaman ko kung ano na ang ginagawa ng tatay niya at kung sang lupalop na siya nilagay ng Diyos. I won't condemn my child on that serious truth because I know the deceit feeling of not knowing your whole self."

"Alam niya rin bang hinabol mo ang asawa mo? Alam niya bang inurungan mo ang pagsunod sa ang tatay niya dahil mas pinili mo ang career at pride mo kaysa nakasama ang mahal mo? Does he know you chose to play safe than to take the risk to be with your husband?" That's it. She dropped the bomb.

"S-stop." I almost pleaded.

She didn't listen, and gave me a full smirk. "I am not blaming you because I fully understand your situation. Alam kong sinisisi mo sa'kin ang lahat, ang daming what ifs sa utak mo na 'ano kaya kung dumito nalang sila'. Pero sana isipin mo rin na, what if, sumama ka sa'min? What if hindi ka natakot na sa kahit anong pagpapalayo sa'yo ng asawa mo ay nagpakamartyr ka? Ano kayang nangyari kung binitawan mo ang lahat at tuluyang sumunod sa kanya sa Canada?"

"And now you're asking me where your husband is? I hate to say this pero wala kang kwentang asawa sa puntong ito ng buhay niyo. Akala ko ikaw na yung babaeng kayang ibigay ang lahat para lang makasama mo ang anak ko dahil mahal na mahal mo siya, mali pala ako. In the end, sa akin lang pala ang bagsak niya. Babalik rin pala siya sa nanay niya. I still have that 25 percent respect in you because you still have Nate with you and of course I understand your situation. Pero Regine, if you're blaming me, please know also what you had to do but you backed out in a snap." she didn't stop blabbering, and my tears were automatically falling by itself.

"Isang bagay lang ang masasabi ko, Regine." she calmed her voice.

"You can't blame your husband for falling in love with someone else."