Advice

I walked over to Mitsuri. I peeked over and saw her eating a cherry blossom mochi. She turned her head and yelped. I shriek and take a few steps over.
      "Eek! Hikari-San!"
She gets up and she shouts. I cover my ears as she takes the hint and settles down.
      "Hi. Kanroji..."
      "What a pleasant surprise! What brings you here?"
She asks.
      "Well...It's pretty awkward. But I'm in need of advice."
I say as I sit down and pet the spot next to me. She sits down and smiles sweetly.
      "You can ask me anything!"
       "Well. Since you're the Love Hashira..."
       "Kya! So you like someone? Who is it? Tomioka? Or...Or...Or Rengoku!"
I get caught off guard by her sudden grip on my hands and aggressive shouting. I chuckle embarrassed and try pulling away.
        "Haha....Well it's about Rengoku."
        "Do tell me more!"
She says to me as she leans further back, a tint of pink showing on her cheeks.
         "Well. Me and Rengoku know eachother since we were children. We used to play and train in my garden, before he went to Final Selection and supposedly became a Demon Slayer. At the time his mother was sick. I don't know what else happened. But meeting him again made me flustered. You know, as a child I liked him a lot, but I thought it'd be a childhood crush like any other. But it wasn't. I don't know what to do."
I chuckle. We both stood in silence, so I slowly turned my head to her. She was beaming from excitement and smiling like a doof. I blushed and waved my arms around.
"Ah! Is it too much for you? I'm sorry!"
"No! Why would it be too much! It's amazing! You're meant for one another! I saw the way he acted towards you! He definitely likes you!"
She shakes me up and glows.
"I could totally be your wingwoman!"
She smiles.
"Haha!... Sure-"
"Kya!~ Great! I must go to downtown and buy you the necessities! After that I'm talking to the girls from the butterfly mansion to set up the garden! This is going to be great!~"
"Hold on, you haven't even told me what you wanted to d—"
I got cut off by her running off. Since her and Shinobu were the only women I knew, I thought I should go to Miss Kocho next. I sighed as I got up and headed inside the mansion, looking for Kocho. I bump into a small girl, her hair tied on one side with a butterfly. I look at her and take the guess that she's affiliated with her.
"Uhm. Excuse me...Have you seen Miss Kocho?"
I ask. She does the weird thing of flipping a coin. It lads on her palm and she looks at me.
"I was going to her. Is there anything you want from her?"
She asks.
"Well, I need to talk to her about something."
The girl nods and takes me with her. She enters the room and Shinobu's eyes widen.
"Chō! What's wrong?"
She asks, smiling. The girl went next to her and sat besides her.
"I needed to talk to you about something."
"Mhm! I see you've met Kanao. She's quiet, so don't worry about her."
She tilts her head and looks at me.
"Come sit."
She signals me.
"Ok. Well it's about Rengoku."
"Chō, I'm sorry but I'm not good with romance advice... All I can say is just, trust your heart."
She smiles as she pet my shoulder.
"You'll figure it out. Mitsuri can help you."
"She's already on it. Kanroji didn't even tell me what she was going to do!"
I look away frustrated.
"What if she embarrasses me in front of Rengoku?"
"Chō. I'm going to be real with you. Rengoku is the sweetest man ever. And he's amazing. And you are too! I've seen his behavior around the Hashiras, other Demon Slayers, his family and you. He acts so protective over you and looks at you with such kind eyes. I'm sure his feelings for you are mutual. You don't have to worry, Kanroji's plans never fail. I'm sure you are in good hands!"
She put her hand in my shoulder, comforting me.
"Take mine and Mitsuri's advice, because I'm sure we know best."
She smiles. I get up and go to the door.
"Thank you Miss Kocho!"
I flash her a smile.
"Shinobu. Call me Shinobu."
I chuckle as I leave the room. Shinobu's soft face turned into a blunt and tensed one.
"What did you want to talk about?"
Asks Kanoe.
"About her. Chō Hikari."
Rengoku's POV
I was walking on patrol with Tengen, going around town. I look around and see Kanroji looking and peeking at fancy kimonos. Was she going on a date with Obanai? How strange to see her here.
     "Ah... Let's hope I remember Chō's size!"
Tengen's ears perk up and his eyes widen. He looks over at me.
     "So. You and Hikari? That Slayer? Is there something flamboyant between you two?"
My eyes widen even more and I look up at Uzui.
     "W-What? Why would you think that!?"
     "Since you know, you always flamboyantly panic when you hear her name? And you know, everyone saw you staring flamboyantly at her, oh AND it's kinda odd why you decided to be her 'bodyguard', AND—"
    "Ok fine. No. We aren't a thing, yet, I guess."
I cross my arms and sigh.
     "I could totally help you. I have 3 flamboyant wives, so I have lots of scrolls and advice."
He smirks and chuckles softly.
     "I'm not trying to have... sexual interactions with Chō! I just want her to be...mine."
     "Sounds like you want dominance. Is it because of some flamboyant tension between you and another man?"
I clutch my fists and look away.
     "Tomioka."
     "I see. Take it easy, Rengoku. She'll choose you if you both know each other since you were children. You're a flamboyant man. But if you were to ask for my advice, I'd say you treat her right and assort you're dominance over Tomioka."
      "I can't just do that, Chō will definitely notice."
I look back at Tengen. He exhales frustrated.
      "Rengoku. She's a softie. But I'm sure she likes the dominant type. That's how submissive girls are."
      "You don't really know Chō, do you? She has layers to her personality. She's just quiet from what happened to her in the past."
       "Well you know her better than me. You can take some pieces from my flamboyant advice, or just do what you think she'll like."
       "Do you think she likes me back?"
       "You're kidding. She's just like you. She panics so much when she sees you flamboyantly looking at her."
He smiles and hits my back.
        "Go for it. You don't have anything to flamboyantly lose."
I smile and sigh.
        "You're right."
Time skip- Chō's POV
I was walking around my room, nervously combing my hair and looking at how the sun was setting. The door slammed open revealing Kanroji holding up a dress and hair accessories. I scream and fall on the ground.
     "Chō-Chan! Come on we don't have much time until Rengoku arrives! I met Uzui on the way home and told him to hold him off! Change up, fast!"
She said as she pulled me up and gave me the dress. I was so confused and startled, so I just put the dress on. I put my hair in a bun, holding it up with the accessories. The dress was a nice pastel pink with flower and sakura patterns. I went out, looking over at Kanroji. She immediately took my hand and dragged me outside in the garden. I gasped as I saw the whole garden lit up and fancied up. She took me to a neatly laid out mat on the grass.
      "Kanroji... But how-"
      "Shhh! Don't mention it! I accepted your offer to help me, so I am! Enjoy your time!"
She smiles and runs off. I could still see her in a corner, watching from afar. I sighed and fixed up my hair. I stopped in my tracks as soon as I felt a presence in front of me. I looked up, seeing Rengoku, his face flushed. I gulped and tried to keep my composure.
      "Hi..."
I smiled. He smiled back even warmer.
     "Hey. May I sit down?"
He tilts his head. I nod and he sits next to me. My heart was beating so fast I could barely breathe. My face was red and his was as well. I got a bit closer to him, and as I was the closest I could, he turned his head. We were inches away and I hesitated.
He smiled warmly. I felt his hand trail up my waist, holding me.
     "Why are you so tense? You planned this after all?"
He chuckles. I calm down and relax into his grip. We look up at the stars for a while until he turns to me, his eyes glowing and sparkling. I look back at him as well. Our faces were even closer than before, Rengoku closed his eyes, slowly coming closer. I closed my eyes as well, and came in closer as well.

A/N: bAdUm tSsS. Ok so it's not official that they kissed, because this chapter is basically over ;>
I apologize if it's shorter than usual, but I've got school in a few days and I'm stressed. I'll be posting another chapter PROBABLY on this Sunday. Hope you enjoyed! ❤️