Old Friend

Oswald's pov

It's almost surreal, being back with Edward. But we had no time to reveal in our reconnection after Victor took his leave. I called Falcone to make sure the meeting was still on for today, and Edward tried to figure out who Sofia's men would be, to stop her plan from panning out despite us both believing the action would prove to be futile.

I sigh, standing and looking in the mirror, about to fix my tie. Edward presses against me so suddenly, I jump as he wraps his arms around me, his long fingers fixing my tie with ease. I had gotten use to his presence being gone so it only served to unnerve me.

Would I lose him again? I've lost everyone and everything else.

Closing my eyes, I enjoy the warmth from his chest leeking into my back, his breath steady. "Oswald." Edwards voice was thick with worry, and I keep my eyes close to avoid seeing it on his face. "Dont try to be the hero, I know he taught you some important lessons but I cannot loose you." Soft lips press against my neck as I nod.

"We can speak of this later, old friend. I need to leave." I purposefully step away and Edward's touch slowly slipped away. I look to him only to see him scoff, rolling his eyes. "Old friend." Edward mocks as he grabs my cane.

I sigh deeply, watching him nervously. "Is that inaccurate?"

"Well, I dont fuck my old friends, Pengin." Edwards voice was sharp, his eyes dark.

I blink, watching him approache me, my cane in his grasp. "Pengin?" I repeat and he hold out my cane for me. "You're right, we can discuss this later. Old friend." I barely hide a flinch at his dangerous tone.

Before I could say anything, familiar fingers bury themselves in my hair, yanking me forward in a harsh grasp that pulls a shocked noise from my throat. My hands press against Edward to stable myself and he wraps his other arm around my waist, pressed me completely against him. The kiss he pulls me in is bruising, possessive, and made my head cloud with lust.

It's only when I start to whimper, Edward pulls away with a growl. "I can remind you who you belong to, then." Before I can gather a reply, he storms out and I stare after him.

"I fucked up in the best way."

"Da." Olga peeps up from across the room and I jump, dropping my cane.

"Why were you here?!?"

"Dust."