sixteen//medusa

The old woman came out from the kitchen carrying food in her arms. She placed the trays infront of us.

"Thank you so much," I said, my mouth watering from the sight of the food. She smiled and pushed her glasses, (which were falling off her nose,) and said "You're very welcome." And left. Percy and Grover dug into their food. Annabeth examined it, expecting it to be posioned. I lifted up the food and ate.

When we finished, the lady clasped her hands. "Oh, goodie! Let's take a picture so I remember this forever! Just you four!"  She ran to a certain empty space. "Stand here!" 

Annabeth and I looked at eachother. This was suspicious, but we went with the boys anyway. "Alright, big smiles!" she said. Slowly, she began to lift her dark glasses from her nose, smirking. "Shield your eyes!" Annabeth screamed. Panicing, I covered my eyes with my hands and shut my eyes tightly. The boys did the same. "Oh, what smart demigods." The serpent laughed. "Oh, Percy and Hayley. You look so much like your dear father.." She snarled. Her voice boomed louder, and the sounds of hissing snakes rang through my ears. We tried to run as best as possibly without opening our eyes to a table. Annabeth pulled me under one, Percy and Grover following. Annabeth whispered. "She wants me, mostly. My mother was the one who made her into that beast." 

"You guys have to kill her," She continued. "Slice her neck, but becareful with the head. Even though she's dead, her eyes still work and will still turn people to stone."  Percy and I nodded. I faced the wall and opened my eyes. I tugged on my necklace, and eventually it ripped off, turning into my sword. "How will we fight her if we can't see her?" I asked. Annabeth thought, but gave up. I nodded and took a shaky breath. "Alright, let's go."