Summer

Kai's P.O.V.

I wake up to the sun shimmering into my window, damn it I forgot to close the shades last night, guess I was too tired from the last day of school. Lots of classes busy with parties celebrating or finals finishing up and other high school drama coming to a halt, for summer has taken over and pushed it away for a while.

I get up and stretch and slip on my boxers, yeah I sleep with nothing on don't judge me it's comfy!
I look at my phone and see that Nyru has texted my as of recent, I wonder what's up.

I walk over and pick up my phone and look at the message to see what he wanted and or said.

"Hey! It's finally summer dude!!!!! WOO! Anyways I wanted to know if you wanted to go and get some breakfast with me?? Let me know when ya wake up sleepy head."

Hmm, I wouldn't mind going out, it's nice and warm out anyways. Me and Nyru have been best friends ever sense we met back in first grade, ever sense then we could hardly stand being away from one another, we loved to play games, talk about our favorite things, we hung out a lot too. It's always nice to see his face.

I texted him back letting him know I'll be over soon to go with him. I slip on some dark blue jeans and a black tank top and my shoes.

I walk downstairs to see my mother at the table drinking her morning tea and looking at her computer, ever sense our dad left us she's been trying hard to find a job and to help support me and herself, we have each other and we are able to have a good life together. I walk over and hug her from behind.

"Heya mom. What are you up to"
"Oh nothing much, just looking online seeing what there is."
"I see."
"Where are you off too this morning sweetie"
"Imma go find Nyru and go out to get breakfast with him, go out and enjoy some of the summer weather."
"Alright, you have a good time hun."
"I will."

I walk out of the house and start walking up the street. Nyru doesn't live far from where I live. We are almost neighbors actually, a few houses apart. I arrive at his house and knock on his door to be greeted by his mother.

"Kai! Sweetie so good to see you, Nyru will be down in just a minute."
"Ok"

I stand and wait for Nyru to come flying down the stairs full of energy to be used up for any day. I sware if he had another ounce of energy he would burst into partials and rainbows, I wouldn't be surprised honestly.

"Heya kai!"
He hugs me
"Heya Nyru"
I hug back. We walk on to the mall which is a ways away but I don't mind. As long as I'm with Nyru, time flys by and is always fun. I've had a crush on him for a few years but never really got to tell him. I don't even know if he's gay or bi or any of that, but he knows I'm gay and supports me like my mom does. His smile always warms me up.

But he's been acting a tad big strange as of late, he's been more close to me and texting me more often then usual, asking me how I'm doing or if I wanted to talk about anything that was on my mind. I guess he's just making sure I was doing ok.....or was it because he had something on his mind?

And that's the first chapter on this book!! The other book will be put on hold for now so I can do this one, I'll update the other one from time to time whenever I get ideas to continue the story, but I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I'll see all of you fur balls next time! 😊