Family Reunion ~Part 1~

Kai's P.O.V.

I look at the car that pulled up next to Skylar's truck and I suddenly go frozen and drop the chips I had in my paws. I stare wide eyed as I see his foot show and then his leg, to his chest, and finally his head. It was my father....and he didn't look happy...

"OI!!!! KAI!!!! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!!!"

My ears go down and I listen to my fathers orders and walk over to him scared of what he might do. Him and I didn't see eye to eye after I came out as gay, but he doesn't know about me and Nyru yet....I know my mom would t have said anything to him...

Next thing I know I feel his arms wrap around me and pull me to his chest. I feel his soft warm fur...just like my moms. His heart beat was actually slow, and gentle, like a lullaby. I then hear him say what I thought he would never say to me after I came out of the closet.

"I'm so glad to be home and to see my wonderful wife and son again" as he held me close to his chest.

I feel warm tears hit my fur as I look up to see him smiling at me with tears. He gently kissed my head and I look at the others shocked and they all had there jaws on the ground practically rolling into the lake. I hug my dad back in years reassuring him that I forgave him and said,

"Welcome home....Dad..."

.*+Later That Evening+*.

I smile at my mom as I walk in with dad holding his hand. She drops the plate into the sink, luckily didn't break, as she ran to him and hugged him tightly in tears. He smiled and hugged her back.

"You came back" she said trying not to cry.

"Yes I did my sweet blossom~" he gently kissed her head. "I'm home."

We then all sat at the table and talked and untangled the confusion of why he was home in the first place. Apparently his boss said that he could go home and live out his life, not that he fired him or anything but to go on a nice long needed vacation. So after he got paid a massive amount of money and packed his bags he left and made his way back home. He talked about what they found and what they did at his job.

Since I was a little fox kit I remember how he use to tell me amazing stories about his job. He works with a team to go out and discover artifacts around the world. That's why he leaves sometimes for a very long time. Sometimes he travels across the world.

He smiles at me and says with excitement in his voice,

"Heya kiddo! I got you something as well while I was at work! I hope you like it."

He then hands me and box and I smile at him and asked if I should wait to open it. He chuckles asking me if I thought it was suppose to be a Christmas present and we laugh as I say no my mom just taking in the two of us being happy again. I open the box to see a shard of a beautiful crystal. It was very pretty. It was purple fading into a light blue and it had a wonderful glow to it almost like a night light. It also had sounds coming from it as my father explained it was found in a crystal forest.

I put it up to my ear and smile listening to the wonderful sounds of the forest. I always told my parents I really loved the crystal forests I saw on TV. I loved the animals, the trees, the wonderful lakes and moonlit nights I would see on the documentary's.

I thought that everything was going to be ok again for the family, yet I still wondered about one thing.....how do I tell my dad about the news with me and Nyru being together.....or at all....

Alright! That's the end of this chapter! I promise that imma do a double upload today! Maybe even a triple upload because I'm so excited about this book! Thank you all for the support it helps a great amount! Until next time floofs! Night fox out! 😊