A Day at the Lake .*+ Part 1 +*.

I would like to give out a special shout out to everyone who gave me their ideas. You will know who I picked and who you are as you read this chapter. Sorry if chapters take a bit to update but that's because I started working so I'll try my best for everyone, trust me I love this story just as much as you. Anyways onto the story!

Kai's P.O.V.

I wake up and yawn gently. I don't know how I feel well rested after that dream....I wonder what it means. I roll over expecting to see Nyru but I didn't, I wondered if he went back to bed, maybe he fell out of my bed or something.

I get up and just as I do my nose smells something, is that, bacon? I walk downstairs and into the kitchen to see Nyru there with an apron around him and cooking toast eggs and bacon for breakfast. He turns to me and smiles warmly.

"Why hello there sleeping beauty, did you sleep well knowing your big fluffy wolfy was there to protect you~?"

I smile softly and nod making his tail wag happily. I sit down at the table and look at him. He hums a tune as he's flipping over the bacon he was cooking, I bet he was fighting the urge to drool in hunger sense he loves bacon heh.

I look around softly trying to wake up when I suddenly notice a picnic basket sitting by the doorway in the kitchen to the living room. I look at Nyru confused not talking sense I'm still trying to wake up.

"Oh that? I thought it would be nice for us to go out and have a nice picnic someplace for today. Snowy and I worked hard all morning to make up the food."

"So kinda like a double date with Snowy and Skylar?" I ask

"Yeah! We thought it would be a nice way to enjoy a day out, and to also go swimming at the lake!" He smiles at me

I chuckle as he sets down a plate of food in front of me with a kiss on the lips and a boop on my nose. I wait for him to get his plate loaded with bacon....of corse...and then he sits down next to me and we start eating.

After a few bites I ask him,

"So where are Snowy and Skylar anyways?"

"Oh they went out shopping for some last minute stuff for today and to fill up Skylars truck with the stuff we need for swimming and the picnic. We still needed a cooler for the drinks so we don't dehydrate, and we also needed sunblock so we don't burn up, or worse." He says

When we talk about sunblock and swimming and we mention for worse it's because of Snowy. If the sun burns him his white fur coat turns into a red foxes coat, could hardly recognize him, back when we where little it happened, we thought he was an entirely different fur. Until he ran home crying to his mom and his mom explained his condition, we made him feel better with ice cream.

"So do we leave when they get back?" I ask

"Around then yeah we will relax a bit before they get here, once they do we will head out soon but not right away."

I nod and smile at him, he looks at me with bacon hanging out of his mouth, I laugh and bite the other end and he eats all the way to my lips and kisses me. I kiss back and giggle.

"Eat your bacon silly pup." I say laughing

"Sure thing foxy" he says smiling

Nyru's Thoughts:

Gee...I hope he will open up to us about his dream. Or at least, forget about it and have a good time today, I wouldn't want him to be upset on a nice day like today, Especially with my suprise I have for him..

A special thank you to @thefloofyguardian and @ShadowFox89 for suggesting the main ideas for the next few chapters. What could Nyru's suprise even be I wonder? Well I really hope you liked this chapter, a little longer then usual but hey still very good I think, see you all next time which is very soon! Maybe even a double upload depending on how I feel later on 😊