03

"Alright ladies," Janae says on Skype. "Today is the day!"

"I can't believe it! We're actually going to Magcon!" Madison squeals.

"Believe it. Only a few more minutes and we're on our way to the first hotel!" I say. I have my phone in my hand, walking down the stairs while dragging my suitcase behind me. I got to the bottom, and opened the door. My mom stood there, in the car. "I have to go, but I'll see you two in a little while."

"Bye!" Madison says.

"See you," Janae says.

*20 MINUTES LATER*

"Okay, girls, we're off!" My mom yells from the front seat. We all sat in the back. I didn't want the front for whatever reason. Mostly, I didn't want to be stuck beside of my crying mom.

"Have you guys seen Carter's latest Tweet? He mentioned all three of us, and he called me beautiful!" Madison says, pushing her phone in our faces.

"Yeah? Well, lemme tell you something, Maddie," Janae starts. "It's because you are beautiful."
"Aww! Nae...thanks. You're not too bad yourself." Madison replies, blushing.

We were off to a good start. Hopefully we all get the same room at the hotel.

*30 MINUTES LATER*

"Bye bye, girls! Rose, text me as soon as you're situated, got it?" My mom screamed, while we walked into our hotel.

"Got it, mom! Love you!" I yell back, not embarrassed at all.

"Love you too!"

We walk into the hotel lobby, and over to the lady at the desk. "Hi, I'm Rose Mason. This is Janae and Madison." I stick out my hand and she takes it.

"Rose, the lady doesn't want to shake your hand." Janae deadpans. "Move over." She has a little conversation with the lady, but finally says "We're with Bart."

"Oh...I see. Okay, here's your key. You three are room 312 on the fourth floor. Thank you for staying with us." The lady says nicely. We all walk into the elevator, and Madison pushes her way to the front of it only to push the '4' button. We all stare at her over exaggeration. "What?" She asks. "I like buttons."
Janae and I laugh at her, and we feel the elevator move.

When the doors open with a ding, we walk out, looking for room 312. Madison skips ahead, and counts the door numbers. "309...310...311...312! Found it!" She snatches the key from Janae and opens the door. She squeels, and runs in, forgetting her bag in the hall. Janae sighs, and rolls her bag in after me.

"We really need to talk to her about the art of emphasis." She says behind me.

*10 MINUTES LATER*

"Well, I'm done," Janae says, brushing her hands on her high waisted black and ripped shorts.

"Me too," Madison replies from her room.

"I got a text from Bart. We need to meet him at this hotel." I say, showing them my phone.

"Sounds good to me," Madison says.

"Let's hit it." Janae adds.

We walk outside, and Janae calls a cab. It's pretty surprising; Janae's been calling cabs for us since we were little. There's not a lot of cabs in Tennessee, where she's from. I guess Tennesseeans are just really loud.

So anyways, we get into the cab, and I give the cabbie the adress. He nods and presses on the gas.

New part of California, new taxi drivers.