Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Harry’s POV

Nicole made me keep her textbook after lunch today since I hadn’t bothered to take the classroom copy like she and everyone else did after that class today. So because of that I had to carry this damn thing around with me everywhere for the rest of the day. It was heavy as hell and it bothered me that I had to carry it, and then when I got back to the dorm I’ve have to spend even more time with the damn book when I really just wanted to throw it into a river or some shit.

After my last class of the day was finally over, I headed back to my dorm building where I knew my roommates were probably all back already and working on all of their work, something that I unfortunately had to do. I’ve never really done homework on a Friday before, if I bothered to do it I would usually wait until Sunday night.

The work I had though technically was due tomorrow since that’s when I would be meeting with Nicole again and she expected me to have it done. When I got back to my room, I sat down at one of the desks in the room and went straight to work without even thinking about greeting my roommates or anything.

“What are you doing, Harry?” I heard Niall ask a few minutes after I had started working.

“Finishing this study guide,” I told him without looking up from the book.

“Already?” he asked.

The boys had decided to accept the fact a few days ago that I really wasn’t into school as much as they were since I usually would just end up watching them do their work or ask them for answers to the questions on my homework.

“That girl has got you wrapped around her finger,” I heard Liam say after a few moments, and I turned around to face him.

“What?” I asked him.

“You’re working on the study guide for Mr. Thomas’ class right?”

“Yeah, so?”

“I’m not even worrying about starting that yet and here you are already working on chapter two of the packet,” he said with a slight laugh.

“I just want to get it done,” I shrugged.

“Yeah so a certain girl will be impressed by you and give you a reward,” he smirked.

“It’s not like that,” I told him,

“And her name is Nicole,” I added, I didn’t like him referring to her as ‘that girl’ or whatever he referred to her as.

“I think Harry here has a little crush on Nicole,” Louis said in a child’s tone of voice.

“I do not,” I told him.

“I never would’ve put Harry to be the one to have a crush on a girl, I figured he would just go for it,”

“Why don’t you guys pester Liam about the girl that he likes, since he hasn’t shut up about her all week,” I said, and without thinking they ended up doing exactly what I just said, leaving me to think about what they had said to me.

I wasn’t doing this to impress her or whatever Liam had said, I was doing this for me. I promised my mom I would at least try to get some passing grades this year and stay out of trouble. So far I’ve pretty much stayed out of trouble, but my grades already weren’t very good, and it’s only the first week of school.

I didn’t have a crush on Nicole like they thought I did. Sure she wasn’t bad looking and I liked spending time with her, but that doesn’t mean that I like her like that.

On the walk to dinner, Liam kept pestering me about how I should sit with him and Liz and get Nicole to sit with us too. His reasoning was because Nicole and Liz were good friends so therefore to him that meant there would always be conversation. Liam had told me earlier that sometimes when he was with Liz, there would be some dull moments where neither of them knew what to say, so I knew he was just thinking of ways to avoid that.