Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Nicole’s POV

It seemed like every time that I’ve left a dining time for the past few days, Harry has said something that causes me to spend the rest of my time pondering what he said to me. Yesterday it was about him asking me to the party and today it is about him asking me if I liked him. Again I could probably be blowing what he said out of proportion like I had done yesterday, but I still did it anyway.

When he asked if he liked me, he could’ve meant anything by it. I wasn’t sure if he intended the question to be if I liked him as a friend or if I liked him as more than that. I couldn’t see why it would be that second option considering that we’ve only known each other a week it seemed a bit odd that he would be asking already if I liked him like that. He had asked a few times if we were even friends or not so I guess since I had said yes to going to the party with him he might’ve been wondering if it meant that I considered him a friend now.

It also could have been just some sick joke of a question that he asked to see if he could get me to say yes and then he’d make fun of me, claiming that I had a crush on him or something. His question could have had intentions of any of those so that’s why I was glad that I didn’t answer. I soon felt like I was kind of insane for breaking down his one question into all the meanings it could have, but I didn’t really care because it made me feel better for some reason.

I thought about maybe talking to one of my friends about this to see what they thought, but ever since I had made that big deal of how awful Harry was, I don’t really think it’s a good idea for me to bring him up again. Especially since what I had wanted to ask my friends about had nothing to do with Harry and I doing school work, and that was what I had claimed Harry and I’s relationship to be to my friends, purely school related.

I knew that was what I had told my friends I considered Harry as, but I wasn’t exactly sure what I really considered him as. I only met him at the beginning of this week, I hardly know him, so I couldn’t understand why I was thinking about him so much. I couldn’t have developed any slight feelings for him; I haven’t been acquainted with him long enough.

But then I thought about Liz and Liam and how they’re practically dating now and they’ve known each other for as long as Harry and I have known each other. I wanted talk to my friends about this since they seemed to be boy experts, but I knew that I couldn’t. After I had made a big deal about how I didn’t want the boys here and my rant about how terrible Harry was, there was no way I could go to them about any of this, and I hated that but it was my won fault.

I soon noticed that I had been walking back to my dorm awfully slow like I had been doing yesterday. Thankfully this time I had caught it so I sped up my walking pace and made my way back to the dorm building. I wanted to have Becca and Christina help me dress up a bit more for tonight, but without making it obvious that I really wanted to look nice tonight. If I made too big a deal of it I knew they would start questioning me and assume that there was someone that I was trying to impress or something.

It’s not that I even wanted to impress Harry at all; I just wanted to dress nice. But after his comment during lunch, I wasn’t going to dress too nicely. I soon made it back to the dorm building, and just as I expected when I walked down the hall, almost all of the doors to the rooms were open and girls were running back and forth between them with different pieces of clothing, trying to piece together the perfect outfit for the party that would be starting in a few hours. It didn’t shock me that they were already getting ready this early.

I was kind of surprised that they didn’t all skip lunch to get ready. I obviously knew that they weren’t going to go that far in having time to get ready, but it still wouldn’t shock me if they all did. The hall right now reminded me of the first day of school when we all found out that boys were now being admitted to the school. The excitement of the boys had died down over the week but now since we were having our first back to school party with boys, the excitement was back.