Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Nicole’s POV

Another Harry filled week had passed and before I knew it I was watching my friends pack up suitcases with stuff to temporarily bring home for the week long break.

“So what are you doing over the break?” I asked none of my friends in particular, just seeing which one answered first.

“Some boring family stuff, I don’t know,” Becca said as she placed a few more clothing items in her suitcase before closing it and zipping it up.

“Well what ever boring family stuff you’re doing I’m sure it’s better than what Nicole it doing which is staying at school,” Christina joked and I just shrugged.

“It’s more fun than you think,” I told her and she just laughed. Sometimes it actually could be fun staying here during break because it felt like you had the whole campus to yourself and it was just pretty relaxing. I could go anywhere I wanted on campus and do whatever I pleased.

They still served meals for the teachers and few students that always stayed and I didn’t have to wait in that long ass line like I did during normal meal hours. And sometimes if I went to a few of my teachers classrooms they would give me some of the work they had planned for when everyone got back ahead of time so I could complete it before everyone else.

I really wanted Harry to stay on campus during the break since he wasn’t sure what he was doing yet, or at least he hadn’t told me. I knew it would be selfish of me to ask him to stay because he had told me that he had contacted his mom about break, but that’s about all he’s told me.

“Nicole,” I heard a voice say, bringing me out of my thoughts.

“Yeah?” I said, looking over to see Liz’s eyes directed at me.

“I was wondering if I could borrow this sweater over the break,” she told me as she grabbed a blue sweater out of my closet.

“Go ahead,” I told her and she thanked me as she took it off the hanger and folded it up before putting it in her suitcase.

A couple hours later I was standing outside the campus with my friends as we waited for everyone’s parents to come pick them up.

“My dad always gets lost on the drive here so I’ll probably be the last one picked up,” Liz complained with a laugh as she sat on the top of her suitcase.

“You’d think he’d finally result to getting a GPS,” Becca said.

“You’d think, but he refuses to, he always claims he doesn’t need one and he knows exactly where he is going,” Liz said.

A few minutes later someone was calling Liz’s name and we looked over and saw Liam waving Liz over. A big smile appeared on her face and she waved at him as she walked over to him.

“They’re so cute,” Becca said as Liz walked up to him.

Christina said something else put I wasn’t paying attention once I noticed the curly haired boy standing with Liam.

Once Liz had gone over there, I noticed Harry looking around at all the people until his eyes landed on me. He gave me a small smile and I smiled back. He motioned for me to come over to him but I slightly nodded my head towards Becca and Christina who were standing with me to signal that I should probably stay over here and he just nodded.

He didn’t have he suitcases or bags with him so I wondered if he was staying here or not. It looked like he was, but he hadn’t said anything to me about it. He could be leaving later on in the day, I didn’t know. I selfishly hoped that he was staying though, even though I thought that he should probably spend some time with his mom.

Just a few moments later I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out and looked at the screen and saw that it was a text from Harry. I looked up at him and he was already looking at me with a boyish grin on his face. Harry and I texted back and forth for a while as I waited with my friends since it was really the only way we were able to talk to each other right now.

I was relieved that this time none of my friends had bothered to ask who I was texting. I didn’t even think they noticed since Liz was still talking to Liam and Becca and Christina were both complaining to each other about how their parents were taking forever to get here.

After about an hour or so had passed, all the students who were waiting at the entrance of the campus were all gone. Except for me and Harry, and a couple other students who were already walking back into campus.

“You’re not going to visit your family for break?” I asked Harry as I walked over to him since I hadn’t bothered to ask him through text.

“No, my mom said she was probably going to drive down to visit me for the day in maybe two or three says,” he said and shrugged.

“Well that’s good, right?” I said, trying to sound excited since he didn’t seem to be.

“Yeah, I guess so,” he said with a forced smile.

“Okay you’re not fooling anyone, what’s wrong?” I asked.

“I don’t know,” he began and ran a hand through his hair as we walked back onto the campus grounds,

“I’m just a little nervous I guess. I promised her that I would try to do better at this school, and I’m just not sure I have been as far as grades,” he said.

“Well at least you can tell her you’ve only skipped one or two days of classes,” I said, failing at trying to lighten him up.

“I think you’re beating yourself up for nothing Harry. She will be happy to see you no matter what,” I added and he just shrugged.

“She said she was going to call me later tonight so I’ll just talk to her more then. I’ve been avoiding any questions she’s been asking me about my classes and all that crap,” he said.

After awhile Harry and I soon changed from this subject and he had be tell him what I usually did on campus when I stayed here during the breaks. The more I talked about it, the more excited I became as I kept realizing that all week, since almost everyone was gone, it was going to feel like it was just Harry and I on campus. Harry of course made a joking comment when I told him about how sometimes I would get next week’s work early from the teachers so I could finish it early.

“Trust me, I’m going to occupy so much of your time that you won’t be able to work on any of that shit,” he added on to what he was already saying and I just rolled my eyes and laughed.

Harry and I made our way to the quad where we sat down on one of the benches and talked for about a good hour and a half or two hours.

“It’s getting close to dinner,” Harry soon said as he looked at his watch.

“Do you, um, want to go out or just stay here?” he asked me.

“Well normally I might say go out, but one of the perks about being here with a few amount of people is you don’t have to wait for the seniors to be called up and you don’t have to wait in line. So I like to take advantage of that,” I said with a cheeky smile and he smiled back.

“Let’s do it,” he said and went to grab my hand before pulling away,

“Sorry, habit,” he said as he went back to intertwine his fingers with mine and we walked hand and hand to the dining hall.