02

12th grade

It seemed like no matter how much Felix wanted to get out of bed, he couldn't. It was his birthday and, like always, Changbin wasn't there.

A soft knock was heard and he lifted his head from his pillow to see Olivia. "No school?" She quietly asks which got a nod from her older brother. She walks over and climbed into bed, giving him a big hug.

Felix smiles and hugs her back. She got out of the bed and left the room, getting ready for her school day. Felix rolled over and grabbed Gyu, holding him to his chest.

He closed his eyes and mumbles the same prayer he mumbles every time he feels lonely or stressed.

"Please be safe Binnie. I still need you home to hold me and care for me. I love you so much and I miss you every day. It's another birthday you're missing and Noodle and Pasta grew again. They were babies when I got them but they've grown so much."

He held him closer as tears rolled down his cheeks. "P-Please come back, Binnie," Felix choked out quietly. "Y-You're going to m-miss my graduation."

'Bokie."

"Mom, go away."

"Alright. Guess you don't want to talk to Changbin."

Felix sat up, his blankets flying on the floor. "W-What?" Felix asks, crying more at the mention of the absent male. "Changbin is on my computer, see." His mom showed Felix her computer where it displayed Changbin who was sitting at a desk with a smile.

Felix got up and grabbed the computer, shooing his mom away. She chuckles and kisses his head before closing the door.

"Don-"

"Shut up. I have many rights to be sobbing my eyes out right now," Felix says as he sat on the bed. Changbin just smiles at him as Felix started adjusting things in his room. "How are your sons doing?" Changbin asks. "They're fine. They're running around in the cage right now," Felix says as he looks at the cage, wiping his tears.

"How's my Bokie?"

"Shut up. I hate that nickname," Felix says as he looks at him with a glare. "You can't be intimating," Changbin points out. "I...Whatever." Changbin laughs at him and shakes his head. "But how are you?"

Felix shrugs his shoulders as he holds Gyu tightly. "I mean...it's been okay. The years have been going by really fast," Felix says as his eyebrows furrow. "Like...I'm already graduating next year and I might be valedictorian and give a speech but schools been...tough I guess."

Changbin tilts his head as he made eye contact with Felix. "How so?" he asks. "Well...there's this one group of kids who always pick on me and I ignore them pretty well but sometimes they get on my nerve. One time, one of them made fun of Jisu-"

"Who made fun of my baby!"

"Minho! Shut up! I'm talking to Felix!"

A male with dark brown hair pokes his head in. "Oh! Happy Birthday, Lix," Minho says. Felix smiles at him. "Thanks, hyung," Felix replies before the male went off-camera.

"Anygay. They made fun of Jisung one day and I tried to defend him but I got shoved into the lockers. My back still hurts from it."

Changbin frowns at his explanation. "Have you tried to tell the principal?" He asks. Felix nodded his head. "He's tried to stop it but they won't listen," Felix says with a long sigh. Changbin frowns more and nods his head.

"I wish you were here to beat them up," Felix mumbles with a pout. Changbin smiles softly at him. "How much-"

"Changbin! We gotta go!"

Felix frowns at him. "Sorry, bokie," Changbin says. Felix gives him a reassuring smile. "It's okay, Binnie," Felix says. Changbin smiles back at him. "What were you going to say?" Changbin asks. "I'm...going to get a job," Felix says.

It was true but that wasn't his actual question was.

Changbin smiles brightly at him. "That's great! I have to get to training. I love you," Changbin says. Felix smiles at him and makes a heart. "I love you too, Binnie. Bye," Felix says. "Bye, bokie."

Felix waves and ends the call. His mom walked in with a smile. Felix smiles at the ice cream tube his mom brought. "Happy Birthday, baby. It's from Changbin too." Felix smiles as he grabbed the food. "Wait...how?" He asks. "Sent me money to get it. I didn't need it but you know Changbin."

Felix giggles as he started to eat it. "Yeah."