03

Felix walked into the cafe and his new boss smiles at him. "Welcome!" She says. Felix smiles at how bright she seemed.

She guided him to the back. "Alright. You're good at math, correct?" She asks. "Yes," Felix answers. "You'll be working at the cash register," she says.

Felix nodded his head and she looks at her watch. "I'll show you how to do it since we still have some time," she explains.

Felix nodded his head and guided him towards the cashier.

After showing him everything, she gave him an apron with his name. "Your shift will end at 3 pm on Saturdays. During the week you can come Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays from 4 pm to 8 pm," she says with a smile.

Felix nods his head and the door opens. "Hello, Baekhyun!" The lady says. The male smiles and waves. "Baekhyun...meet Felix. He'll be working the cashier with you."

Baekhyun smiles and nods his head.

It scared Felix that he might start hitting on him.

Their manager left and Felix's eyes darted to Baekhyun's left hand, seeing a ring.

"Married?" Felix asks as Baekhyun puts on his apron. "Engaged," Baekhyun says. Felix smiles at him and Baekhyun takes out his phone.

He unlocks it and shows his home screen. "He's my soldier. He's in the military right now," Baekhyun explains as he puts his phone away. "My friends in the military as well."

Baekhyun smiles. "What's their name? My fiance might know them," Baekhyun says. "Changbin," Felix explains.

"He talks about him so much! He says he's very good and very strong as well. When did he join?"

"Halfway through 9th grade," Felix explains, a little frown evident. "He told me in 8th grade that he wanted to join."

Baekhyun pulled him into a hug and ran his fingers through his blonde hair. "You and I are going to be best friends. If you want to drown your sorrows with me, call me and I will bring you to my house to eat ice cream."

Felix laughs and hugs him back, despite them knowing each other for a few minutes.

"But...but I don't have your number?"

Baekhyun pulled away and pulled out his phone. "Phone number."

____

Felix walked into the house, slipping his shoes off. He walked over to the couch and flopped on it, Olivia walking over and flopping onto him. "How was work?" She asks. "Work," Felix mumbles at the weight of his sister on his back.

Olivia hums and wraps her legs and arms around Felix. "When's Binnie coming back?" Olivia asks. "You should like I'm your mom and you want to know when your brother is coming back," Felix says as he lifts his head up. "Binnie is more fun than you."

"Rude. I'm your actual brother."

"You love me."

Felix rolls his eyes. "Go do your homework before mom and dad scold you...again."