goodbye - joshua bassett

imagine: you have to leave everything behind

     you were moving to new york which meant you had to leave everything behind. you had to leave him behind..

     you were never good at goodbyes and neither was he so you spared him the pain by not telling him. you just packed your things and headed to the airport.

     while waiting to board the plane, you decided that now was the right time to tell him everything. he deserved an explaination.

     you take out your phone and key in the number that you remember so clearly.

ring..

ring..

ring..

"hey, this is joshua. leave me a message"

that voice..

beep

     so you leave him a voicemail..

"h-hey josh.. wow this is harder than i thought um.. i know how bad we both are at goodbyes so i decided not to tell you that i'm leaving.. you might hate me right now and you have every right but before i leave, i have to tell you that i-i love you.. i've loved you for so long.. i wish things could be different but if they were, i probably wouldn't have met you and for that i'm so thankful things are the way they are... goodbye, joshu-"

beep..

     you press send and turn off your phone. you didn't realise you were crying until you felt a tear slip onto your hand. you wipe them away and sit there, trying not to think about him.

     you board the plane and pull out your earphones, pressing shuffle on one of your random playlists.

     common sense by joshua rings through your ears..

damn it..

turn it off..

     but you didn't have the heart to turn it off so you close your eyes and listen to his sweet voice, feeling the tears slip down your face but not bothering to wipe them away.

goodbye, joshua..

a short sad imagine because i just realised that all my stories have happy endings oop
no, there will not be a pt 2 because it's supposed to be sad, i'm sorry :'>
anyway,
hope y'all enjoy <3

- zoe <3