dinner invitation - ricky bowen

imagine: you and ricky have been at eachothers throats since 4th grade.

(y/b/n - your brothers name)

     the last bell rings and everyone sighs in relief, packing their stuff and heading out of class.

finally, today was awful

     you exit the class and head straight to your locker. you stuff your books in and grab your skateboard before someone closes your door, startling you.

"jesus- my fucking fingers, asshole!", you snap when you see ricky.

"oh please, i made sure your fingers weren't there. you're welcome, by the way", he rolls his eyes.

"i'm not in the mood for your stupid ego right now", you sigh, turning around and walking away.

"oh, okay then. i'll see you tonight", he says and you stop walking, making him almost bump into you.

what the-

"your parents invited my dad and i over for dinner", he smirks.

"are you fucking kidding me?",

"please, you think i wanna be there? being in the same room as you for a straight hour or two? sounds like a nightmare"

"you think that's bad? i have to look at your stupid face and listen to your huge ego", you scoff, continuing to walk.

"cmon sweetheart, i'm not that bad", he rolls his eyes.

"you're right... you're worse", you set your board down and skate back home.

the day just got a lot worse..

     the minute you got back home, you immediately went to your dads office room.

"what the hell, dad?"

"nice to see you too, kiddo"

"why'd you invite the bowens over? you know i've hated ricky since 4th grade!", you exclaim, running your hands through your hair.

"okay, calm down honey. your mom and i thought that it would be nice to see mike again and maybe you and ricky could start over.. you know? i'm sorry we didn't check with you first", he gives you a small apologetic smile.

     you let out a heavy sigh and rub your face.

"yea, okay.. its fine dad.. sorry for snapping. how was your day?"

*1 hour before dinner*

     you step out of the shower and rummage through your closet for an appropriate outfit for the occasion, ending up with a yellow plaid skirt and a black fitting crop top.

     the bell rings as you were blow drying your hair.

"y/n, the bowens are here", your brother knocks on your door.

great..

"i'll be down in a sec"

     you grab your phone and head downstairs.

"hey mr bowen", you smile at mike, giving ricky a fake one.

"y/n! wow i haven't seen you in a while. you're so grown up", he pulls you into a hug, making you giggle.

"y/b/n, help me with the chicken.. y/n, help set the table please", your mom says, walking into the kitchen with y/b/n.

     you make your way to the dinner table, ricky following.