Chapter 3 - Untrue

The Kree woman fell into Thor's arms. Luckily there were no bystanders, so he didn't have to explain what happened. He carefully lifted the unconscious woman up and snuck into the palace. He didn't want to explain to anyone why he had brought her into the palace, he wasn't even really sure what the reason was, but he did it anyway.

Upon arriving in his sleeping chambers, he carefully placed the girl on his bed. He took the Asgardian robes away, and saw her wear this odd uniform. Perhaps it was a military uniform? He softly traced the lines of the star with his fingers, hoping she would wake up soon.

The God sat on the site of the bed, and took her hand into his own. "What are you doing here so far from home?", He mumbled to himself. As he checked on her wounds, he quickly realized they had gotten worse.

Thor couldn't bring her to the medical wing, given he would need to explain it, so he went to the kitchen to get a bowl of lukewarm water and some rags to clean the wounds at least. But when he came back, the woman had vanished. He ran over to the bed, and saw that her blue blood had stained the sheets.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

Vers opened her eyes with a groan. A stinging ache shot through her head. She noticed the robes were gone, so someone must've seen her suit. "Shit", she mumbled. She quickly got up and rushed out of the room. "You must be kidding me", she groaned as she realized she was in the palace.

It was a maze to her, left, right, right... She had no clue to where she was going. Perhaps Thor was already after her, or maybe he just dumped her there to let her die. Quickly she tried to communicate with the Starforce.

Vers: I need backup.
Yon-Rogg: I thought you could do this all on your own.
Vers: NOW!
Yon-Rogg: Send me your coordinates, we're on our way.

Vers sighed in relief. She would be scolded, that's for sure, but at least she wouldn't get captured.

"Well, well, well... Look who decided to run away", a voice behind her snarled at her. She turned around and narrowed her eyes. "I just went on a walk, nothing more", she sarcastically snapped back. "Come back with me and no one will get hurt", Thor held up his hand. Vers wasn't having any of it, "funfact, someone already did get hurt".

"That's your own doing", he stated. Now was the time, she could easily kill him. She wanted to, but her whole body resisted. "By the way, you still didn't introduce yourself. What's your name?", He slowly headed her way. She took a step back, knowing this was just one of his strategies to come close to her.

"Doesn't matter", Vers shrugged, feeling uneasy. Normally people didn't want to know their assassin's name. "It does matter to me. You're Kree, right?", He tried again, coming too close for her liking. "Get out of my fucking sight", she gritted. He summoned his hammer again. "Look, I don't want to hurt you, just come with me", he held his hammer as if he were to throw it any second.

"Well, actions speak louder than words, so first, put that hammer of yours down", Vers narrowed her eyes. "That's a saying from earth, how do you know that?", Thor was dumbstruck. Earth? What the heck did he mean? Vers took her chance and launched herself at him. To her surprise, he moved quickly, and pinned her down. "I thought you were Kree", he frowned. "And I thought you were easy to kill, I guess we're both disappointments", she narrowed her eyes.

"If I were you I wouldn't intervene with our war anymore and let me go. Backup is on it's way, so take a quick decision upon what to do". "Are you talking about the Kree/Skrull war? If so, it's not a war anymore, the Kree are slaughtering them. They just want a home, and you're taking it away from them", he explained. "You're just as bad as the rest if them", Vers kicked him in the gut and ran away as fast as she could.