"Deiiji Port." Part 1

[Hrozun 08, 0100 A.R]
[Atherion, Deiiji Port]

Current in-game time 11:29 AM

"Onee-chan what's that book you're always reading?" A little girl asked with curious eyes.

"This, Lisa, is big sister's journal, it is very important to her," Yuna replied as the child furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why is it important?" She asked, tilting her little head.

"You see, big sister is a Marked One, and Marked Ones grow faster than normal people. And because we grow so fast, we need a way to monitor our growth so we don't get too carried away," Yuna explained as a matter of fact.

The little girl beside her placed a hand on her chin while in deep thought. She hardly understood anything Yuna told her and it was adorable to see how hard she was trying to comprehend everything. Yuna smiled at this.

"Uoohhh...there are too many adult people words...Lisa can't understand," the young girl puffed her cheeks in surrender. Seeing how cute she was, Yuna petted her on the head.

"Don't worry, someday you'll also become an adult and then you'll finally understand adult words," Yuna tried to mimic Lisa's vocabulary so it was easier.

"Eh but I want to know, I also want to have a journal like Onee-chan and Muzui-nii," the girl pouted even more as she turned to the blue ocean in front of them. "I wanna be strong like Onee-chan so I could fight monsters." She said.

It was fine to dream big as a child since it helps motivate them. But as Lisa's temporary guardian, their responsibility is to make sure she doesn't get hurt, "Is that so?" The little girl nodded her head, "Then if Lisa wants to fight monsters can you tell me how you're supposed to do it?"

When she asked that question, the little girl paused and started thinking to herself. However, it did not take long for Lisa to come up with a straight answer, "With swords and weapons!" She answered as a matter of fact.

"Do you know how to use a sword though?" Instantly, Yuna countered Lisa's response. She made a complicated expression as she thought about the swordswoman's question, it was true that swinging your sword wasn't the only way to go because once and a while there will be monsters who know how to dodge.

"I don't..." She said.

"How about magic? Don't you think being able to use fireballs is cool?" Yuna tapped her lips as she asked.

"Eh but magic is boring and I don't like reading books, they make my head dizzy...besides! I only want to be like Onee-chan and use a sword! Swords are way cooler!" She declared with utmost confidence while beaming.

'Books and reading are important too, you know,' Yuna wanted to say out loud what she thought but decided not to. A child would not understand the importance of education, not until they realize it themselves. In the end, the two of them exchanged questions and answers while watching the bustling seaport full of ships.

Deiiji port was a busy place with many different races. Ships of vastly different sizes and intricate designs, dock in this area to trade their goods. This port is considered to be one of the most important trading hubs since goods from Throndrheim, Luxenheim, and Shivangard are carried and dropped here through water routes. Most of the influential merchants come to trade here.