First Meeting

Jimmy Valmer was one of the many people at the crowed scene of the crime, as a hostage situation at the downtown bank was recently handled nearly an hour ago by the famous, to some the infamous, Freedom Pals. Cops stood in front of the building, keeping people from going any further than they already have, but that didn't stop the many onslaughts of questions produced by the many journalists on the scene. Jimmy lagged near the back as he listened to the police through the overlapping voices, only to roll his eyes when he heard them start to take credit for the takedown of the criminals, typical. The heroes and police had what some would call a love-hate relationship, as the heroes tended to get the rough end of the stick while the cops didn't have to get their hands dirty and often enough take credit for their actions, well the positive ones anyway, however, many people already figured that most of the big crimes that get stomped out were done so by the hero group so at least they got some gratitude for helping.

The brunet finished writing some notes in his little book and was about to wrap up shop when he heard someone behind him, "Excuse me? Would you happen to be Jimmy Valmer?"

Stopping what he was doing, Jimmy turned around and came face to face with a young woman around his age, she had long silky black hair with bangs that covered her eyes and pale skin, as she wore a bright yellow sweater and black jeans, her face devoid of any emotion. "Yeah, Th-that's me. H-how can I be of your s-service?"

She brushed her bangs away from her eyes with her fingers, revealing their color as she explained, "My name is Leslie Meyers and I go to the university here for Journalism. I was wondering if you would be willing to give me tips or advice."

Jimmy remained speechless for a moment, her eyes were a deep vibrant blue and they were near breathtaking, but quickly he replied, "Y-yeah, sure, but why m-me? I know that o-ot-others here are better than me."

"I find your work to be more engaging and truthful than all these news tabloids that flood the streets and online. You get to the facts, and I prefer that over any of these big-name biased writers."

Jimmy felt his face heat up a bit, no one had ever really commented on his work like that, "Th-thanks. Though I'm a bit b-busy at the moment, are you f-free Saturday at nine?"

Leslie gave a curt nod and said, "Yes."

"G-great," Jimmy tore a sheet of paper from his book and scribbled some numbers on it before giving it to the woman, "H-here, call if anything p-p-po-pops up."

She took the paper from the brunet, "Thank you, could we meet at the coffee shop on Meylin Street?"

"Sure, so s-see you Saturday then Leslie."

The woman nodded before turning on her heels and walking off, Jimmy had a hint of a smile on his face before he readjusted his crutches and walked away from the fading crowd.

***

Thoughts