Broken Regrets

Jimmy took his time as he walked down the street, the sky was filled with angry grey clouds and people all around were rushing to get home to avoid the upcoming storm. He paid no mind as people bustled past him, his heart still heavy from that day two weeks ago.

He told the Freedom Pals about what Leslie told him, no point in putting them at risk, even when she claimed that she wasn't giving the government the information, so the group of heroes was keeping a sharp eye out for anything out of the ordinary. Jimmy hadn't heard from Leslie since that night, and he kept telling himself that he was perfectly fine with that, but in actuality he missed her, but that didn't mean he could forgive her, or still wasn't hurt.

He then felt the promised rain hit, he sighed and put his hood up but that didn't mean he was going to hurry his pace along. He reached the corner of the street only to see two figures in black dash out of an alleyway, he narrowed his eyes at the two as they got into a black car and drove off. Suspicious, he made his way to the ally and took a peak. He didn't see anything at first but then he saw it, it looked like an arm under a pile of garbage bags, alarmed that there was a body, he hurried forward and threw off the bags off the person. After clearing he went to look at the body only for his blood to freeze. "L-Leslie?"

Her clothes were ragged and torn, her hair was a matted mess, and her eyes were closed, tossing his crutches on the ground he kneeled next to the black-haired woman and brushed her hair away from her face, "Leslie? L-Leslie wake up!"

Her eyes slowly opened, but looked twitchy as if they were about to close again, "J-J-Jimmy?" Her voice echoed and sounded glitchy.

"L-Leslie what happened to you?"

Her blue eyes looked into his own, but they looked dim, "I'm s-s-sorry..." Her eyes then closed again as she ceased responding. "Leslie!"

He shook her, but she didn't move, Jimmy's heart hammered in his chest as she didn't wake up again, what happened to her? Fearing for the worst, he gathered her in his arms, while able to grab his crutches, "Don't worry Leslie, I got you."

He then sped away using his superspeed. Holding the woman close to him, he sped through the streets, thankful the streets weren't that crowded thanks to the weather and made his way to the Freedom Pals base. Busting in through the doors, grabbing everyone's attention, some were and some weren't in costume, he panted, "W-where's Token?"

Mysterion stood and walked over to Jimmy, "He's in the lab, and who the hell is this?"

"Leslie."

"Wait, that girl who was using you? Why the hell did you bring her here?"

"Something's wrong, I th-think they wanted to k-kill her."

The dark hooded hero glared at the brunet but sighed. "Fine, but if anything bad happens, that's on you."

He motioned for Jimmy to follow him to the lab where they saw the cyborg hero facing a screen, "Token."

He turned towards them only for his gaze to fall on the woman in Jimmy's arms, "What-?"

"Explain later, just h-help her!"

"What am I suppose to do? I'm not a doctor."

"She's an android! You can figure something out!"

Token took a step back with wide eyes, "Alright, alright, put her on the table I'll see what I can do."

Shakily, Jimmy laid Leslie on the table and watched as Token looked her over, brushing her hair away from her face, he felt around till he stopped at the back of her neck. After pressing against it, a panel opened up, revealing robotic hardware, looking in Jimmy saw a few blinking lights, but they were slow and dim, and some of the circuits looked fried. "Wow, that's a lot of damage," Jimmy watched with concerned eyes as Token looked, "There are some ports, maybe we can get some information on what happened and how we can help, this looks like it was done from the inside out."