Chapter 12

Tanner's POV:

          It was only a few scenes until the kiss. I was trying to control my nervousness. I took a deep breath in. Matt walked in front of me. I blew the air out through my nose.

          "Nervous?" Matt asked. I locked eyes with him and smiled. Matt always had a way of making the people at the office feel better. Whether it be his dad jokes, his smile, or just his presence, he always made people  feel confident or happy.

         "I think I'm doing better now," I told him. 

          "Good. I will be watching from the side. I better see a kiss with at least a little bit of passion. I have been waiting for this so long," he laughed. I smiled again.

          "He's gone and I can't do anything about it! I can't reverse time or bring him back from the dead! I feel so lonely without him," Paul said from the stage. It was almost my turn to go on stage. Matt pat my shoulder and went to talk to some other people. I sighed.

        A few minutes later, I heard Paul crying on the stage. That was my cue. I went to the door and opened it. The lights blinded me. 

        I sprinted across the stage and sat down next to the crying body on stage with me. I hugged him and he cried on my shoulder.

        "It's okay, Chris. I'm here and I won't leave you no matter what," I said. Paul grabbed my shirt  and I rubbed his back. Paul finally got up and sat on the bed.

         "You better not," he laughed. That was one thing I liked about Paul's character. He got over things easily. Paul played the character very well.

         I sat on the bed next to Paul. He leaned on my shoulder. I smiled. "Rin, I have something to tell you," Paul said. I looked over at him. His eyes were glossy from the fake tears that filled them just moments ago. Even though the tears were fake, it still hurt to see Paul like that.

          "Yeah?" I asked. Paul touched my face with one of his hands. He ran his thumb down my cheek. I could see that Paul was too nervous. It wasn't in the script to do it, but I held his free hand to comfort him. Paul looked at me one more time and closed his eyes. That was when I felt his soft lips against mine. People in the audience cheered, but Matt was louder than all of them.

          I grabbed his face with my other hand and deepened the kiss only a little bit. We were on stage kissing in front of the whole office so I wasn't going to do anything more than that. When the kiss was over, Paul and I walked backstage hand-in-hand. 

          Paul and I were last for curtain call. While we were waiting, I took this opportunity to ask Paul something . I looked over at him. "Paul, I want to know if we can make this public?" I asked. 

          "I mean everyone at the office has already seen us kiss," he laughed. I looked at Matt who was behind us.

           "Matthias, can I make an announcement at the end curtain call?" I asked him.

         "Yeah. Sure I'll let  you guys talk after  I thank the audience," Matt told us. I smiled and told him thanks.

          It wasn't very long until Paul and I went on stage. We both bowed at the same time. The cheers were louder than any of the other characters. 

         Matt thanked the audience and then told them that we would like to say something. I grabbed Paul's hand and walked to the front of the stage. I looked over at Paul to make sure he was okay. He nodded his head.

          "I know a lot of you guys in the office have been shipping me and Paul. I just wanted to tell you that you no longer have to only thing about the possibility of us being together because... we already are," I said. Everyone in the room cheered as loud as they could. Paul and I smiled. I was so happy and so was he.

          Thank you so much for reading my story so far. Here are your choices for this chapter:

1. Make one more chapter and end this story

2. Continue this story

3. Make one more chapter, end this story and make another Paul x Tanner story