Chapter 52: Just Another Day At The Office

All of them gathered in the cafeteria, half awake. All of them were awakened by the sound of musical instruments from the west wing. Rather than checking the source, they decided to regroup at the cafeteria; where it was much quieter.

Calintz lit up his cigarette and took a long drag before exhaling a thick cloud of smoke. Sunny took the cigarette from Calintz's hand and continue to take a drag for herself.

"Soongyu, I thought you've stopped." Calintz stated lazily, exhaustion still at its peak.

"Welcome to Purgatory, love. Where old habits die hard." Sunny hissed the smoke out, resting her chin on her palm. Her eyes still half opened.

"Who the hell played guitar and drums at 6 in the morning?! I'mma shoot the assholes if I catch them!" Irene gritted her teeth, apparently angry to be awakened by it.

"Well, there's only us here. Who's not here, that's the culprits." Yui groaned as she hugged her pillow tightly, cosy besides Minzy. Hyoyeon already drifted back to the slumberland with Park Bom on her back, heads hung low.

Then the culprits came in, high spirited.

"Told you I can hit the note!" Yoohyeon skipped ahead of Jessica happily.

"Shit, that's 50 bucks down the drain. Should have not betting that against a rock star." Jessica fished the note out of her pocket and handed it to Yoohyeon. Yoohyeon quickly snatched the note and held it high above her head, parading the note around unaware of the others in the cafeteria.

Jessica was the first to notice all of them and grabbed Yoohyeon by the back of her shirt. She turned Yoohyeon's head facing them and the two of them froze. The looks on the others were deadly and menacing. The two of them gulped and gave an awkward smiles.

"Hey~~~ Good morning~~~" Jessica grinned widely, cold sweats started to form on her forehead.

"YOU......" Taeyeon and Irene growled, both stood up simultaneously.

"Why it always the short ones having the most terrible temper?" Jessica whimpered as Taeyeon and Irene slowly came towards them.

"I dunno! Maybe because they're short the temper have nowhere else to go!" Yoohyeon whispered back in fear.

"I'm gonna crucify you two dumbfucks!" Irene rolled her sleeves, her eyes wild with fury.

"What she said." Taeyeon held out her fist to Irene. Irene fistbumped Taeyeon and the chase begins. Jessica grabbed Yoohyeon's arm and darted off at full speed, with Yoohyeon behind her. And all hell broke loose.

"Good morning, I guess." Handong passed a cup of hot coffee to Dami.

"Yep. And here's to surviving Purgatory." Dami held out a toast.

"Cheers." Yoona clanked her cup with Dami.

-

All of them opted to do some cleaning and reorganizing their belongings on their off day. Ever since the camp started, all organizing and cleanliness went out of the window. Their living quarters were in a pigsty. Dirty clothes piling up, hidden in each nook and cranny of the quarters. Thankfully Yua didn't come in to do inspection. If not, each and everyone of them would be hanging upside down outside the quarters.

"Seriously?! Unnie got punished by scrubbing the latrines with your own toothbrush for wearing dirty training uniform?" Seulgi was shocked by Yuri's revelation.

"Yep. And we were only provided with only one toothbrush per month. I made a another mistake by stealing another toothbrush from the quartermaster. She took the toothbrush and made me brush my teeth in front of her using the toothbrush that I used to scrub the latrines." Yuri shuddered when she remembered the event as she took her laundered items and folded it neatly into the clothes bin.