Chapter Twenty Two

"The song we'll be singing today is called "Breaking Free" by High School Musical. Natsu announced. "Alright! Please proceed! Lucy exclaimed excitedly. The song soon started playing as Natsu and Camryn started swaying to the music.

Natsu & Camryn:

We're soarin', flyin'
There's not a star in Heaven that we can't reach
If we're tryin', so we're breakin' free

Natsu, Camryn, Both:

You know the world can see us
In a way that's different than who we are
Creating space between us, 'til we're separate hearts
But your faith, it gives me strength
Strength to believe

Natsu, Camryn, Both:

We're breakin' free
We're soarin', flyin'
There's not a star in Heaven that we can't reach
If we're tryin', yeah, we're breakin' free
Oh, we're breakin' free! Ooh

Natsu, Camryn, Both:

Can you feel it building? Like a wave the ocean just can't control
Connected by a feelin', ooh, in our very souls (Very souls, oh)
Rising 'til it lifts us up, so everyone can see

Natsu, Camryn, Both:

We're breakin' free
We're soarin', flyin'
There's not a star in Heaven that we can't reach
If we're tryin', yeah, we're breakin' free
Oh, we're breakin' free! Ooh

Natsu, Camryn, Both:

Runnin', climbin'
To get to the place to be all that we can be
Now's the time
So we're breakin' free, we're breakin' free (Ooh, yeah)

Natsu, Camryn, Both:

More than hope, more than faith
This is truth, this is fate
And together
we see it comin'
More than you, more than me
Not a want, but a need
Both of us, breakin' free!

Natsu, Camryn, Both:

Soarin', flyin'
There's not a star in Heaven that we can't reach
If we're tryin',
yeah, we're breakin' free (Breakin' free)

Natsu, Camryn, Both:

We're runnin', ooh, climbin'
To get to the place to be all that we can be
Now's the time
(Now's the time)
So we're breakin' free (Oh, we're breakin' free), oh

 Natsu & Camryn:

You know the world can see us
In a way that's different than who we are

As the song finished, the cheers are like a faulty firework, slow to start and rising to a weak explosion before petering out completely. Natsu held her gently, cupping her face with one hand. He leaned down and softly kissed the tender area at the base of her neck. Camryn's body went rigid with surprise as trembles shook her body and the euphoric warmth blossomed within her once more. Camryn was breathless with delight as he showered her with gentle, soft kisses, each with its own flicker of warmth. Camryn gazed up at him, thrilled beyond words to be the recipient of his affection. He drew back again and spent a moment studying her face.

Camryn felt her blush deepen under his scrutiny. Natsu gazed at her lovingly, his eyes softening with tenderness before sparking with something else. He tilted her head to the side and kissed her, his lips demanding. Camryn felt a smouldering heat deep within her as Natsu's grip tightened, crushing her body to his, gentle yet firm. He slanted her head further, deepening the kiss.

I grabbed Natsu by his wrist and dragged him to the roof. "Why are we going to the roof?"

"You'll see." A smirk appeared on my face. Up here, it's like looking down at the world. You can see the trees, the flowers, the sea and the many busy people going on about the day. Up here it's like standing on a giant's back exploring the world with awe. 

Stars shone as sugar spilt over black marble, glistening in the sun. The night sky was such a welcome sight, appearing like magic at each sunset, promising to return as she faded in dawn's first light. There were times in the daytime, under skies of blue, Camryn would think of those faraway stars and how they'd return after the shadows blended into the dark.

"Cyclonius!" My blue eyes glowed brighter as I grabbed Natsu's hand and we flew in mid-air.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?

"You're beautiful, you know that?"

"I know."

"I don't anyone else to have your, heart, kiss your lips, or be in your arms because that's only my place."

His lips brush mine. Not innocently, like a tease but hot, fiery, passionate and demanding. I want to pull away before I lose myself but I can't seem to...In this minty moment, my senses have been seduced and I can no longer think straight. "Camryn" he whispers slowly, prolonging each letter as if to savour them. I smile, my heart fluttering at his voice as I clasp my hands on either side of his face. Never before has my name ever felt so wonderful a one, I think, as I lean in for another...

As the couple were embracing each other's company. In the distance, a dark cloaked figure lurks ominously advancing. As she walked she was aware of the gloomy shadows that were following her, haunting her. She stood in the doorway like a piece of the night, like someone had cut carefully around her and peeled her away, leaving only blackness behind. To say that her eyes were blue was like saying that the sun was yellow. Sufficient but not accurate to capture the burning.

She took in the sight of the radiant couple. Her nose crinkled at their happiness. It made her feel sick. Her mouth curved into a circuitous smile, as she thought of her next diabolical plan.

"Mark my words, Camryn Killian. I hope someday you get a taste of your own medicine. And always expect trouble."

"You didn't think this was the end, did you?" She smirked to herself.

She was like a spook. One minute she was there and the next she was gone. Vanished. It was as if she was able to dissolve into the very air itself and blow away with the breeze.