Prologue

"Come on, Ash. It's late. Can we head home yet?" A female asked. She appeared to be mid 20s, with green eyes, brown hair that fell just below her shoulders with blonde streaks, dark eyeshadow, and purple lipstick. She was dressed in blue jeans, a purple tank top, and black sneakers with black stud earrings. She also had various tattoos on her right arm.

"Hold on, Lex." The girl, Ash, replied. "Let me just finish making sure I got everything." Ash, also in her mid 20s, had raven black hair that was just above her shoulders, and dark brown eyes. She was wearing dark blue distressed jeans, a red T-shirt, and black boots. Just barely visible under her shirt was a tattoo on her left collarbone of a broken halo.

Lex sighed in annoyance as Ash made her way through the music store, making sure everything was where it needed to be and that the displays and such were locked. Once that was done, Ash grabbed her black denim jacket and put it on.

"Okay, now we can leave." She says.

"Finally." Lex says as the two girls leave. "You know I always hate being out on nights like tonight."

"Yeah, I know." Ash says. "Which is weird, since your shop was spared two years ago while mine got trashed."

"Oh, don't you start with that again." Lex responds, "Look, you have made it very clear about what you think-"

"And I'll keep saying it until someone does something about it. The cops certainly don't seem to, and it's just getting worse. Seriously, next thing you know, people are gonna start getting killed because of this."

"Look, I really don't want to talk about this right now."

"Okay, fine. I'll stop."

"Thank you."

The two girls continued to walk in silence until they heard sirens blaring as two police cars raced past them.

"That can't be good." Ash says.

"You think?" Lex replies.

"Come on, let's go check it out." Ash added, taking off after the cars.

"Ash! Wait!" Lex called, but Ash was already ahead of her. She let out another annoyed sigh before catching up to her friend.

There was a large crowd near the building. Police cars and ambulances were everywhere, and the large window near the top of the building was broken. As Ash and Lex pushed their way through, they saw what drew the crowd.

"Oh, shit." Ash said under her breath. Through the cops and medics, she saw a figure lying on the ground with a sheet over them. She couldn't tell if the figure was male or female, but she knew they were dead. She also watched as a female was loaded into the ambulance before it drove away.

"Ash, Come on." Lex said, tugging on her jacket to pull her away from the crowd.

Ash didn't protest, and let her friend do so, keeping her eyes still focused on the crowd and the figure. Once the crowd was out of her sight, she started focusing her attention in front of her, remaining silent until they reached their shared apartment.

"I can't believe it." Ash finally says.

"And she speaks." Lex jokes.

"I'm serious, Lexi. What did I just say earlier? Someone just died tonight, and jack shit is being done to stop anything."

"Ash... it sucks, yeah, but we can't do anything about it."

Ash paused for a moment, looking out the window. "Maybe not, but I'm still going to try. Nobody's doing anything, so I will."

A/N: This is the first part of Fallen Angel! I will be updating this while I'm figuring out one of my other stories. I hope you guys enjoy this, because I am very proud of this story!

~Sarah_Renai