Trivia and Deleted Concepts

Hello All! Here are some fun facts and unused ideas from the writing process of Fallen Angel!

- The Fallen Angel costume is based on Selene from Underworld

- I also used Kate Beckinsale as Selene to play Ashlyn Reed

-Some of Ashlyn's lines are slightly revised versions of other quotes I like. "Bitch, shut the hell up" and "I'm doing what he does, only slower" are based on similar quotes from Sam Wilson in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, while "Let's see if you're worthy to walk with Angels" is based on what Alice Angel says in Bendy and the Ink Machine. 

-The song at the end of Chapter 4 is A Grave Mistake by ICE NINE KILLS. It's from their album The Silver Scream, which is primarily based on horror movies plus The Crow and Edward Scissorhands. A Grave Mistake is the song for The Crow.

- Originally, Ashlyn would have been singing this song and Eric would comment on it, but I decided to have her think it.

-Multiple alternate and extended endings were considered. 

-One of these endings saw Ashlyn starting her own band or finding Eric's band and presenting the song, but I decided I didn't like that and that it would be too hard for her to do that while still being a vigilante.

-Another alternate ending had the crow appearing when Ash and Sarah were at the music store or at Lexi's tattoo shop. Ashlyn and Sarah would see the bird and give knowing looks, and maybe make a comment, but I decided to change it to when Ashlyn goes out again as Fallen Angel on her own for real.

-A third alternate ending actually saw Ashlyn dying from her injuries in the final fight and being escorted to the other side by Eric and Shelly. I scrapped this after deciding I didn't like it. 

-When it came to Fallen Angel's inclusion in the fights, I had a little trouble balancing them. I didn't want her to walk away from every fight unscathed because that felt too Mary Sue. I also didn't want her to be useless and go down instantly with every attack she took. I tried to balance this with Eric protecting her mostly in situations where I didn't think she'd survive without his help. While I wasn't a huge fan of this, I felt it was the best I could do. I also tried a balance that she still gets hurt, but is able to walk it off enough to get to safety, then stop and worry about it.

-This is the first story I wrote where my OC and the cast character do not end up together. I just couldn't see Ashlyn and Eric being more than friends, and the idea of pairing them romantically just felt too out of place.

-This is also my first swear intensive story. I normally don't like to write as many swears in my work, but I wanted to be true to the source.

-Ashlyn's eye makeup for Fallen Angel is mainly inspired by Ember McLain from Danny Phantom.

That's about it! Hope you enjoyed this bit of trivia!

~Sarah_Renai