New Beginings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up early dreading the day ahead. My first day as a 11th grader at WestBrooke High School. I slowly sat up and picked up my phone. My alarm was bugging. Things have been different since I had to move with my mom in the ATL.

I recently lived with my dad in L.A but that all changed during the summer. It's a long story. My mom walked in and interrupted my thoughts.

"Adrianna get yo ass up and get ready for school, that's what yo damn alarm for."

"I'm already up Mom!"

I finally got up stretching and rubbing my eyes. See my life is pretty complicated. I've been living with my dad in L.A. since I was about two. My dad is Asian and my mom is Black and Asian.. so i guess that classifies me as Blasian. Anyway I'm adjusting to life in Atlanta but it's not very easy.

Taking all my necessities I hopped in the shower deciding to wear my hair curly today. Wrapping a towel around my body I quickly rushed to my closet, making sure I had enough time to make a perfect first day of school outfit. I know I'm gonna be the talk of the school, but mostly because I'm gonna be the "new girl." But I knew I could handle it, I've always been the independent type.

After getting dressed, I grabbed my favorite Michael Kors bag throwing my keys, wallet, and phone inside. I walked in the kitchen to see my mother cooking breakfast.

"Morning Mom", I said as I kissed her on the cheek.

"Morning"

"So..how am I getting to school?" She looked at me quickly, as if that question never crossed her mind.

"I'll take you, but you need to eat before you go!" I sat down grabbing a piece of bacon and a bagel.

"Ok, let's go!" I stood up following my mom to her Lexus.

"Bye mom." I said waiting on a goodbye or maybe even a "I love you, have a great day!" But I got none of that just a look that told me to get out.. so I did. I walked up the steps receiving stares telling me this day would only get worse..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided the quickest way to find the office was to ask instead of just roaming around. But nobody would stop to even answer my question. The girls would just mug me and the boys would only act like thirsty asses. So finally a boy by the name of Drae stopped me.

" Hey, can you tell me how to get to the office?'

"Sure, first you walk up one floor take a right, and you'll see a big sign that reads Main Office, you can't miss it.

I felt pretty stupid considering i wasn't too far from the office.

"You're very pretty, by the way."

With that he walked off, leaving me standing there. I sighed walking to the office to get my schedule. I walked in to my homeroom with all eyes on me. The way they were looking at me you'd think they had never seen a girl before.

"Class this is Adrianna Miller, Adrianna take a seat by Mrs. Hilton."

I looked around guessing that the girl giving me the harshest look was Mrs.Hilton. Great!! Another girl that hates me for no reason.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------