1. City Of

It was a dark night, as Angel sat at a bar, with a shot glass in front of him. He had just finished his drink.

A man, which he sensed was a vampire, left the bar with a companion and two human girls.

When the two vampires were vamped out, and the girls were scared and slowly backing away, Angel came out from the darkness.

"Have you seen my car?"

"Go away," one growled at him.

Angel punched the one that had spoken to him. Then the two vamps attacked him, and he whipped out a stake, as they ran at him at both sides. And as they did, he stood there with a stake in each hand.

Once they reached him, he staked them, turning them into ash, before putting the stakes away.

Angel stood with his back to the humans, vamped out, and in the dark shadows.

"Thank you," one girl said.

"You saved us," the other one said.

"Go home," he said.

When they didn't, he turned around and showed them his true face.

"Just go home."

The girls ran off in fear of him.

Later that night, Angel was in his apartment, when he noticed a man in his doorway.

"Who are you?" Angel questioned.

"Doyle. I'm here to help you."

"I don't need any help."

"Sure you do. Let me tell you a story."

"I'm not sleepy."

When he began to tell Angel of who he was as Angelus, he said, "Okay. Now I'm sleepy."

"Let's go for a walk," Doyle said.

As they walked the streets of LA, Doyle spoke to him.

"You have to let people in. Get close to them, Angel."

"What if I don't want to?"

"You have to get to know people."

The next night, Doyle and Angel were at a party, because Angel had dropped a girl named Tina off, and was waiting to take her back home.

Angel stood a distance away, looking at the most beautiful girl next to Buffy. Cordelia Chase who he knew from Sunnydale. She was talking to some girls, but excused herself from them, when she saw him. She then went to stand in front of him.

"Angel? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here with a friend."

"Are you still...you know...grr?"

She used her fingers to gesture fangs.

"Yeah. There really isn't a cure for that."

"Right. Well, it was nice talking to you."

He watched, as she went back to her group.

The next night, Doyle had a vision of Cordelia Chase in danger, and arrived at the vampire, Mr. Winters', huge house.

When his minions were closing in, Angel arrived and fought them off, as they shot at him and beat him up a few times.

After he killed a few, he picked her up in his arms and jumped off the balcony, landing on his feet. Then they ran.

Later, as Doyle took care of Angel's wounds, she spoke.

"You don't think he'll come after me again, do you? Not after you scared him off?"

He gave her a look, and she looked back at him.

That day, Angel walked into a Wolfram and Heart meeting room, interrupting a meeting.

He went to stand by Mr. Winters.

Some of the employees watched in silence.

"Angel, I don't want any trouble now."

He gave Mr. Winters a look.

"Look, we're both civilized men. I pay my taxes, I keep my name out of the paper, and in return, I can do anything I want," he continued.

"Really? Can you fly?" Angel asked. He put his foot on Mr. Winters' chair, and pushed off. He then watched, as he went out the window and turned to flames and then dust. "Guess not," Angel commented, before leaving the room and then the Wolfram and Heart building, using the underground tunnels to go back home, where Doyle and Cordelia were awaiting his return.