Chapter 7

Tanya's POV

The second I was falling I knew I had, despite being pretty good at guessing distance, miscalculated how high from the ground the window really was.

When I finally after what seemed like forever but was only a few seconds hit the concrete I felt a sharp pain shoot through my legs.

I collapsed with a wince.

It was quite painful, but it wasn't as bad as some of the injuries I had gotten on previous occasions.

I glanced up to check if the kid had kept her promise.

Thankfully, the window was now closed completely closed, showing no signs of my escape.

Now all I had to do was hope the girl didn't give me away the second she was asked where I went.

Sighing, I turned my attention to my legs.

After examining them closely, I was relieved to find that they didn't seem to look broken.

It was actually amazing that I wasn't dead or seriously injured right now.

I stood up slowly, having trouble staying on my feet at first but soon gaining some of my strength back.

Unlike when I woke up, now I really had a reason to run.

Stumbling forward, I made my way out of the ally and onto the sidewalk.

For the fact that it was raining and it was still quite early, the where a lot of people roaming around through the streets.

I decided to try my best not to be caught limping around trying to find someplace I wouldn't be found.

At some point I needed to go back to retrieve my luggage but I wasn't going anywhere near that building without that family gone.

And, if I did go back while they were still there they'd pay for trying to kidnap me.

About three minutes of walking later the pain's full potential was starting to set in.

Despite my efforts not to be seen a few people gave me either looks of pity or in some faces I saw disgust.

Let me tell you having someone look at me like that because I was hurt really angered me.

If I had had the energy or time I would glared back at them but alas needed to find a dry place to stay.

Presley's POV (Yay, she's finally back)

I woke up early the next day.

Though Mom had told me to stop searching for my little sister I had decided that I would not give up so soon.

I threw the covers off my bed and sprang into action.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and ran a brush through my long silky red hair.

After I finished that I changed into my favorite light gray dress and put on some black shoes.

I tiptoed out of my room and sneaked towards the front door.

Just as I was about to leave I sighed.

I couldn't leave without telling my mom.

I didn't have it in me.

Sneaking back into the kitchen I looked through the cabinets until I found a paper and a pencil.

I sat down at the table and started writing my note.

Dear Mom, 

I am going out on a walk, so  don't worry about me to much. 

Finishing it was a breeze.

Probably because it wasn't very long though.

It had taken a lot of effort to lie to her, not that it was completely a lie though.

I was going on a walk, but at the same time I was looking for my long lost sibling.

Part of me knew that is you put almost anyone else in my place and they'd be angry at my mom, but I somewhat understood.

You know, even if the truth was quite cruel.

Mom had made sure that the baby would be taken care of well instead of possibly having all three of us die of huger.

Other than that though I couldn't figure out why she had waited so long to tell me.

Maybe she had thought it was better for me not to know, and that it would ruin my life or something.

I slowly walked back to the front door and left the house.

I made my way into town quietly humming a happy little tune to myself.

For the moment I had completely forgotten the rainstorm.

Being out in a storm wasn't anywhere near as bad as Mom had said it would be.

I smiled cheerfully.

I had a feeling today was going to be good.

(Hi, I am back again bringing you another amazing but not that amazing chapter of my story. I'm finally going to try to frequently upload chapters again. Now I am not promising that if will work out because let's face it, my mom loves grounding people for the dumbest things. Anyways I am starting a Zelda story after I go through my old notebook from last year. It will be kinda hard to make the actual book though because stupid me has a habit of writing sequels before the original story. Anyways see ya later!)