CAVANAUGH CONSTRUCTION

Toby Cavanaugh had everything he could ever want. Or at least that's what everyone thought after he lost the love of his life. Now all he does is wake up go to work and sleep. Shows hardly any emotion but he is just too sad to do anything without his love. He has connected with his new assistant but it's not the same.

-*-*-*-

[TOBY'S POV]

"Yvonne is all the invitations for the Gala out?" I ask my assistant.

"yes boss, all the invitations are out," she says

"good"

"Mr. Cavanaugh?" she says I nod as a way of saying 'I'm listening'

"Mr. Rivers called while you were in your meeting with Ms. Marshall," she says calmly. Boy, I miss Spencer, but she left me. I guess her reputation was more important than me. I think to myself.

"Did he leave a message?" I ask Yvonne.

"yes, he said that he would like to talk to you personally before the Gala," She said

"The Gala is a week I've got things to do before him," I say not caring.

"Ms. Marshall said if you and your father will join her and her daughter for lunch on Friday."

"call my dad and tell him, after that please call Ms. Marshall and tell her will be there," I say

"Yes, boss," she says with a smile before walking out of my office.

My phone starts ringing and the caller ID shows a picture of me and Emily happy in high school.

Emily left for Paris 2 months after Spencer left me. She went to Paris with her Girlfriend Alison DiLaurentis probably eloped the first months they were there. At least she got her happy ending, I'm here alone with no one to love. I answer the phone.

"Hello" I greet

"Hey, Toby" she greets me

"Emily, how are you?"

"I'm fine I just wanted to say, I'm coming back to New York," she says excitedly

"Really, when?" I ask getting a little happy. Getting to see my best friend after 2 years makes me happy, but it won't last.

"In 2 to 3 months cause were sort of getting finished with something and after that were moving back"

"Finishing something?" I ask

"I didn't want to tell you over the phone," she says

"Tell me what?" I ask

"I don't know if I should tell you"

"Emily we have known each other since kindergarten, and now you don't know if you can trust me with telling me something," I say hurt.

"Ok I'll tell you since you're making me feel guilty," she says

"so tell me," I say impatiently

"only if you promise not to tell anyone including my parents and Alison's," she says in a threatening tone, this tells me that this is something serious.