Chapter 88 The Mind Escape

Logan sat on his couch with a sigh, his hair was still a bit damp from showering, it was morning now, Logan had been the first to get up hit the gym, vlog and get dressed for the day. It didn't take him very long to figure he needed to be up before Jake stirred, if he wanted to get anything done, last night had been a rough one for Logan, he tried to remind himself that Jake must have felt worse, but he couldn't help but be a little irritated.

Logan told himself he wasn't "irritated" with Jake really, just frustrated with the situation in general, he had multiple warnings that this would be hard, but he ignored them all to take care of Jake, it was getting more difficult with Jake unable to do anything for himself though. Logan groaned running his hands down his face, he had just been on a break, but already felt like he needed another one, it made him feel sick to the stomach even wanting the break; Jake needed him, and he wanted to be there for Jake but at the same time it was hard watching Jake suffer, and having to do all this tiring and at times disgusting work.

Logan finally pulled himself together he couldn't sit forever, Jake would be up soon; Logan got himself to the kitchen making Jake a fruit salad and a glass of milk, he took it to his room, and as if on cue he saw Jake's eyes fluttering open, his attention on Logan and the door as he came in.

"Hey buddy," Logan greeted gently, suddenly feeling angry with himself for being so stiff and sharp with Jake the other night, "Hi," Jake mumbled his voice still sounding a little scratchy and quiet, "You feeling okay?" Logan asked sitting down beside him, "Yeah, I guess.." Jake told him, "Hungry?" Logan asked shifting the bowl to him.

"Logan?" Jake said looking at him instead, Logan looked back at him, feeling the air shift awkwardly, "We never talked about what was messing with you," Jake said, Logan felt himself tense up, "I don't want to talk about it," Logan blurted out, Jake stared at him for a while, making Logan feel even more uncomfortable, "Okay," Jake said, "We good?" Logan questioned, "Guess we have to be" Jake responded back, both brothers went silent after that, not really keeping any eye contact now.

"Want to eat and get dressed?" Logan asked trying to break the ice, Jake just mumbled in agreement as Logan began giving him his food piece by piece.

Jake couldn't deny he felt hurt, Logan had told him it was okay to be upset and share things with each other, he even let him speak about Erika and the pain he was going through, only  now he was hiding things from him, and what made matters worse was Logan seemed angry at him the last night, of course he wouldn't ask him about it now, but things felt off, it was a weird way to get the day started, especially with him and Logan physically having to do everything together.

It was a little later in the day now, Jake was fed, cleaned and dressed, left with his laptop on playing a basketball game for him to watch, while Logan was in his room trying to get more work done, he was debating on talking to Jake, to clear the air a little and just let him know about his nightmare and how he was feeling, but, he still didn't think it was appropriate to tell him, it was something he'd feared since they started on this journey together, and even though Jake was brave- It was probably his fear too.

The door bell chimed through Logan's apartment, Mark got up from the couch, he stretched with a yawn as he went to open it, his eyes widened seeing all the people at the door; Anthony, Nick, Chance, Kade, Tessa, Chad and Erika.

"You guys here for Jake?" Mark asked stepping back to let them in, "Yes, is he in?" Nick questioned politely, "No where else he could be, he's bedridden right now," Mark told him, he got some shocked faces back at him after that.

"Bedrirrden?" Questioned Chance, "No way, your lying! Jake was up last time we saw him!" Chad argued fearfully, Nick just shook his head feeling more guilty and humbled, all he could think of was Jake still being so friendly and joking with him on the phone before. Tessa and Kade were also left gasping, having been so detached from Jake lately, it was difficult hearing this as soon as they came back...Anthony kept quiet, trying to mentally prepare himself to see Jake again, all that was on Erika's mind was finally having a real conversation with Jake and settle things.