[ jaehan visiting home ]

happily going to his home, jaehan grinned widely. he was expecting a warm welcome from his family, but once he stepped inside their home, all he ever received was...

"why did you even come home? we don't have a son like you," said his father, with him furrowing his brows.

the last time he went home, he was welcomed ever so warmly. why, all of a sudden, did they turn this cold to him? his loving father suddenly gave this kind of treatment.

"what do you mean? i went home last time, and you weren't like this. what did i do?" asked jaehan, confusion written all over his face.

standing up, jaehan's father stepped towards him and then gripped his collar.

"i told you, jaehan. in our family, we have a rule. you have to marry a fellow korean. why is news surfacing that you are playing around with a chinese and a thai? what? you forgot our deal now?" asked his father, making jaehan part his lips slightly.

"i'm gonna let you pursue you dream as an idol... but in the end, you still have to marry a full korean. once you disobey that, you should be disowned," said his father, and then he nodded.

all he could do was nod his head, for the dream of being an idol has been in his head even at such a young age.

"d-dad! this-" he was shut up when his father punched him.

slightly pushed back, his mother placed a hand on his arm and gave him a slight look of worry.

"you broke our promise, son! i'm not gonna let you stay in the family in this way!" exclaimed his father, and then he stared coldly into the floor.

he can't love who he wants, he can't love however he wants.

"i'm leaving. i shouldn't have come in the first place," said jaehan, as he stood up.

he then went outside, ignoring the calls of his mother.

what was supposed to be a warm visit back home turned into a cold interaction within the family. he wasn't expecting it from his warm family.

he knew one thing. whatever happens, seventeen will always be the family who will accept him for who he is.