𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

Jane was still trying to process Kylo’s words as she paid for their meal, and had remained silent as they walked through Blue Hills streets

Where did this man come from and why did he want Earth’s loyalty so bad that he would burn it to ashes if they didn’t cooperate?

She knew no-one on their right state of mind would listen to Kylo’s words. The girl couldn’t stop wondering about what would happened next. 

Would they give him what he wants? Would they arrest him and confiscate all their futuristic weapons and use them for their own advantage?

“You’re in conflict.” Kylo spoke, breaking off the heavy silent that was held between the two. “I can feel it.”

The brunette thought in what to tell to the man, but found nothing. She stopped in her tracks, making him stop too and looked at him in the eye. 

“It was nice to meet you Kylo.” Jane raised her hand, but Kylo didn’t take it. “I’m afraid this is where our paths go different ways.”

The man just looked down at her, confusion absorbing his whole face as a frown took place on it, lips pursed. 

“We’ll go to my dorm to pick up your costume and then you can complete your mission.” The voice held no emotion, neither did her face. 

“What do you mean by that?”

“It means Kylo,” she let out a sigh. “That I can’t help you reach all those leaders and I’m no use for you.”

“No, you’re the one who can help me.” Kylo told her, his tone almost trying to make her change her mind. For much deep his voice sounded, this time was almost soft

“No, that’s, not true.” She shook her head. “I bet you already had a plan before you landed on this end of world, so stick with it.”

“I sure did.” He nodded in agreement. “Also had a plan B, but after what you told me, I see those will be no use for what I want to reach.”

“I told you, I’m no use for you as well. I have no connections to the government, not even with law or political forces.” 

For much the guy intrigued her, she couldn’t help him. And also, for much she wanted to know about the force, she knew how these things worked. One thing for another. It’s always like that. No-one does anything without knowing they’ll receive something in return. 

Jane couldn’t give him Trump and all the others he so much craved to have a meeting with, so he wouldn’t give her what she seeked. 

“Jane,” the way he said her name gave shivers down her spine and something in her wished he would repeat it. “You came to me for a reason, I landed here for a reason. The Force brought us together. Help me get this alliance, and I’ll train you. You’ll become stronger than you’d ever imagined.” Now it was his time to scratch his hand forward, very welcoming for Jane to take. “Join me.”

As stubborn as she is, she didn’t want to give in to temptation yet. She would probably end up killed when he figured that she was no help for him. Although, that was sort of thrilling. The unknown death. 

Jane did everything adrenaline-based. She got herself into trouble only for that adrenaline kick of getting out of it. But for some reason, when Kylo said he would just burn everything down, she feared what she was about to get into. That's why she tried to cut ties with him almost immediately. 

But he didn’t let it happen that easily. 

His voice was so inviting, those two words melting from his velvet voice into her ears. Join him. She wanted that. She wanted to be strong and learn how to make cars fly. For much power she already held in her human earth college girl life, she wanted more. 

So she took his hand, a smile appearing in both their lips almost immediately. 

“I’ll join you.”

√•√•√•√•√

Now back at her dorm, Jane thought about their next move. She was laid down on her bed, he sat on the wheeled chair by the desk, watching her. 

“Is your spaceship still tracked downtown with your four white soldiers?” She asked, out of curiosity, scrolling through her twitter feed. She probably should check the news reports on the matter. 

“No.” He replied. “When we left, I told them to withdraw back to the Finalizer.”

“The Finalizer is the big ship that took the sun away from us?”

“Yes.” Kylo said, a small smile adorned his lips. “They also have order to leave the atmosphere by night time.”

His words caught Jane off guard. She set her phone down beside her and turned to him. “But then they will think you left.”

“That's why I need your help.” He straightened himself on the chair. “I want to share a statement for everyone to know I’m here, among them and demand to have a meeting with those four leaders you mentioned. I’ll give them a deadline, if they don’t fulfill my demands, then I’ll strike down.”

Jane knew way too well how things worked around here, nobody would do anything until they started seeing people dying. Just like any war, no-one believes it until someone strikes first. 

“Let’s imagine that they don’t comply, what will you do?”

“I’ll attack.” Kylo said, his composure rigid, his voice serious. “And you’ll tell me which place will affect them the most.” As the words left his plump limbs, she already knew where he should strike, and for much she hated to admit, she felt excited about it. 

The brunette didn't say anything, only studied him with curious eyes, trying to not show any smile or emotion. His presence made her feel all different things and she wasn’t quite sure how to deal with him. 

That’s when he said something that finally made her break and show a grin, adrenaline rushing through her body. 

“They’ll see I’m not here to play.”

A/N: back at it again

I know things are moving way too slow but it's for a reason trust me.

What do you think it will be their next move?

Jane basically just joined the First Order without knowing a thing about them. How do you think that will work out for her?

comment
vote
thanks for reading
and
share with your friends