21) you bring out the best in me

By the time we got back home it was roughly 11 pm. Cal seemed exhausted and Will was a little distant. The car ride felt like hours and I kept looking over at Will hoping he would say something. What had happened during the hour I was being stitched up? Did Cal tell him? I didn't want to bring it up so I just texted Cal.

Me: did you tell him

Cal: tell him what

Me: F

Cal looked back at me and nodded slightly. I exhaled sharply and turned my phone off. It had been years since I was with him. He destroyed me and I had to build myself back up. All those years of therapy. Does Wilbur think less of me now? Why won't he talk to me?

"We're here." The driver told us. Cal paid him and we got out. My hand was wrapped up and was still slightly numb so I couldn't feel anything.

We walked upstairs to the apartment and when we got there, we found a very drunk group of people. Lana was laughing her ass off as Liam was trying to poor her some more wine and Leon was gazing at them intently.

"Oh you're back!!" Lana said turning the other twos attention to us.

"Stitches." I said proudly and held up my hand.

"Not bad." Liam replies holding up his glass to indicate a cheers.

"We should get to bed Lana. I'm exhausted." Cal said. She stood up and wobbled for a second.

"Take Leon's car." I handed him his keys and he thanked me.

"We'll see you tomorrow. Lunch and then shopping right?" He asked. I nodded.

"Bye Anna." Lana kissed my cheek and then let Cal carry her out.

"Take us to bed." Leon said with puppy eyes.

"Cmon." I let Liam lean on me and I helped him up the stairs while Will helped Leon.

Once we put them both to bed we went downstairs to clean up their mess. All while not talking.

"Say something." I said finally.

"What?" He asked looking up at me.

"You're ignoring me. Please say something." I said.

"I'm not ignoring you..I just..I'm scared to hurt you." He looked down at the floor.

"You won't hurt me. You didn't mean to hurt me earlier either." I replied.

"Cal told me about your ex. How poorly he treated you and how you had to go through therapy due to the abuse." He blurted out. "That doesn't change how I feel about you, of course. But I don't want what happened earlier to happen again. I want to help you."

"I put up with his abuse for a year before my parents finally noticed the bruises and my tear stained face. I did it to myself. I let him hurt me for so long and now I can't be touched without freaking out if I'm not looking at that person. What happened earlier won't happen again." I told him.

"But what if it does?"

"It won't. I'll go back to therapy if I need to. Part of me is just worried one of these days I'm gonna turn around and it's him standing there about to hit me."

Will looked at me intently. He had a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"You aren't him. You're better. You would never intentionally hurt me." I stepped closer to him and laid my uninjured hand on his cheek.

"I love you, Bunny." He said.

"I love you too. Now let's finish cleaning up and then take me upstairs and cuddle with me." I said sternly and he laughed.

And he did just that. We got up to my room and changed into some pajamas. Got in bed. And snuggled until I fell asleep. At one point I woke back up and his arms were still hugging me waist lightly. Mine were still wrapped around his neck and our breathes were in sync. I scooted down in the bed do our faces were lined up. I hovered my mouth next to his and wished he would wake up so I could kiss him the way I wanted to kiss him right now. Lust driven. He didn't wake up and I didn't kiss him passionately. I did eventually fall back asleep though hoping that morning would come sooner.

Morning arrived and I felt the arms around my waist squeeze tighter indicating that he was awake. My body stayed asleep though hoping to catch a little more sleep but my heart kept telling me to wake up so I could kiss him.

"Morning." I mumbled with my eyes still closed.

"Morning Bunny." Wilbur's lips pressed against mine gently.

"Is that the best you can do?" I asked making him scoff.

"Believe me, I can do way better." He said as my eyes finally opened.

"Show me." I teased.

His hand went up my side until it found its way to my neck. His lips went back to mine with a little more force and love. He gently bit my lip asking for entrance and I opened. His tongue slipped in. He squeezed my neck gently. Eventually he left my mouth and trailed kisses down my neck. He nibbled around gently until he found the sweet spot. Will sucked and bit at my neck making me moan slightly.

"Will." I moaned out quietly. After a few minutes he went back to my lips but broke it off all too soon.

"Better?" He winked.

"If I didn't want to take things slow, you'd be fucking me right here right now." I said with a sigh.

"Just say the word." He whispered into my ear making me shiver.

"Not yet...soon." I said the last part after he pouted.

"I won't rush you." He kissed my cheek once more and got out of bed. It was almost 10 am. We had to get ready to go to lunch and then shopping.