Chapter 47

JENNIE

'Yesterday night the FBI caught the murder of Yoo Hye Won who was found dead at the hotel Kick six months ago. Seungri Lee, her boyfriend of that time, although there were accusations that he was behind the crime six months ago was let free. The police said that he had an alibi. Recorded message shows that he was the one who committed the murder. It was Jennie Kim, his next victim who helped the FBI to catch him. Seungri told the police that he had help from the inside only to make his sentence less. Detective Lee who was the one that investigated the case, was the one who was giving the information to Seungri. Detective Lee is already off service. Both their cases will go in court next week on the 28th of March. And now back to the world news..'

I turned of the volume once I heard what I was waiting to hear for weeks now. Everything was finished. Seungri and Detective Lee would go in jail for a long time. I still couldn't believe how the people who vowed to protect us at the end are the ones who kill, deceive or I don't know what else. I trusted Detective Lee. He was supposed to help us. And he didn't do what he was supposed to. No. He was a tipped off cop. When detective Kang found out she came right away at our apartment to tell me how sorry she was and that she didn't know. How could she? He was so perfect from the outside that no one could know.

"Jennie.. Are you okay?"

"I am perfect. Now we just need to go at the court next week and finish one and for all."

"My dad called. Ella miss us.."

"And I miss my baby girl so much. Do you think we could go in New York for some days?"

"I don't think why we couldn't."

"Nice. Did you tell your dad that now we are engaged?"

"No. I was waiting to tell him in person.." She said and kissed my lips.

I asked her to marry me and she said yes. Only that I didn't buy her a ring yet. And I needed to find something special. Something that it would be her.

"I still need to buy you a ring.."

"You don't need to buy me anything. I am happy to know that you want me to be your wife."

"Well baby. An engagement is nothing without a ring. Don't you think? Wait.."

I got up from our couch and walked to our kitchen. I was looking at something that would be romantic and looked like a ring. Of course nothing was romantic but I wanted to giver her something. I found those clips you use for food bags. Jisoo and I had the same fingers pretty much. So I made it to fit my finger, I cut the edge with a scissor and came back to the couch. I sat right next to her and asked the question again.

"Jisoo Kim. I love you like I never loved anyone before. Could you please be mine?"

Once she saw what I was giving to her she smiled but she gave me her hand to put the fake ring on her finger.

"This is so unfair. I should be the one who's proposing and kneeling to you. But yes baby, I will be yours.." We leaned close to each other till our foreheads were touching. I was holding the hand that already had the symbol of my love. I kissed her nose and told her for one more time this day how much I loved her.

Jisoo called Seunghyun again and told him that we were planning to come in New York. Needless to say that he was ecstatic. He was a good man, a good father and a good grandfather to Ella. I was happy that she had a man figure in her life like Seunghyun.

"Okay. I talked with dad. He told me that he is going to send us the tickets. I told him that we could go tomorrow. Is that okay?"

"It's perfect.. Can't wait to see our little one."