șase

this one is really really bad like annelies u need to learn to not be shit

ps. luke isn't as rich as all u kool kids with ur iPhones and eight tablets and personal butlers and paid friends okay so he has a flip phone and earned friends ok ok

lov u 🚀

__________

a day later, luke woke to a knock on his door, he checked the time on the oven in the kitchen, 7:36 am. it couldn't have been michael nor calum, the two never wake before noon unless either of them have work.

the boy hazily opened the door to see nothing on the other side, besides the filthy red carpet and corridors of doors. he got back inside, and decided to get ready for work.

once he was done, he flopped upon the couch and flipped out his second hand flip phone, checking if this ashton boy had texted him. he frowned at the sight of no new messages. "damnit" he muttered to himself, styling his golden hair in a slightly messy quiff.

just as he was about to leave, he realised that he hadn't fed rodney in about two days. that's probably the reason why his fish was dancing with death. before he closed the door, he walked up to the tank, and lightly kissed it. cringing at the taste of mould the tank gave him.

he stumbled towards the door, then pushed it open, tripping slightly over a rusty metal box with a letter on top of it. luke squealed at what he hoped was contact from his anonymous boy, as he rushed inside to grab his walkman and read the letter.

after luke found the walkman, he pushed his frail body upon the kitchen counter, and read what his friend's friend write for him.

dear luke,
i dearly hope your new year's was great. i spent my last seconds of 2014 getting drunk and contemplating whether i should've lived or not. obviously, i chose to live. i hope today and everyday is just as grand as yourself, and i hope local pedestrians are radiating with glee whenever they are even given the glory of your time. god luke, i just hope you have a nice life.
but with my sadness and horrible vocabulary behind, have a nice day, lucas.

luke smiled at the sad boy's choice of words, he looked down to the beige-like coloured cassette that was dinted and scratched, and slid it in the walkman. on his way out of the lobby, he was greeted by carter, the unhygienic boy at the cafe. luke shrunk at the boy's stare, feeling more uneasy by the step. carter was genuinely a human embarrassment. luke knew carter had feelings for luke, but the feeling wasn't really mutual.

at work, luke's job was to frost and decorate the cakes and cupcakes. he had one job.

he had one job and he still fucked it up.

go figure!

luke was peacefully frosting the lemon cupcakes, when suddenly he tripped over the leg of the table, gracefully fucking up the sweet sales. amanda-the girl who bakes all the goods-giggled at luke's clumsiness, and then snapped a polaroid.

"tumblr queen," luke thought, placing his hand on the edge of the frosting station in attempt to get himself standing. before his eyes could meet of the glory of the other side of the cart-like table, it flipped over, and all the lemon cupcakes and white coloured frosting pelted over the floor and the poor blonde. amanda's high pitched giggles came to an end, following by the booming voice of the owner of the homely bakery, melissa.

"hemmings you had one job! what the hell happened? go clean yourself up and remove this goddamn mess before i fire you!"

luke mumbled an apology, and began cleaning the mess, glaring holes in amanda's back whenever she walked by. after luke was done, melissa excused luke to leave early with his usual pay, as for he was 'a distraught mess that needed to calm the fuck down'.

melissa handed luke a wad of cash, and luke thanked the slim woman, cautiously closing the door on his way out. luke had the remainder of the day to do whatever he pleased, so he decided to go to the abandoned pool because he knew no one would be there.

he sat on the ledge of the empty pool, swinging his legs and humming along to one of the songs the cassette boy showed him. suddenly, he remembered the walkman he brought with himself, and decided to listen to the boy's 'diary'.

luke smiled at the addicting accent the boy had, and listened to what he had to say.

"hey luke, how was your day? today, i experienced a whole lot of things. i'm currently in the middle of nowhere-actually, i just lost myself in some bush trail. i could go back, but i don't want to. luke, i don't want to.

"my mum came back, she came back to my house. lauren, harry, and herself have their own abandoned house, but they chose to trespass my house. she wasn't nice, lauren and harry were tolerable. they subtlety ignored me, privately sneaking a smile whenever we collided.

"i got in an argument with my mother, so i 'ran away', even though it was my own property i was fleeing from. i usually have all my essentials inside my backpack, so i brought it with me on my way out.

"afterwards, i went to a music store nearby. i bought a few cassettes, one pink, blue, and grey. hopefully, you'll see them in weeks to come. also, i bought a guitar, it's not that nice of a guitar, just a plain nylon string, but i like it. i don't even know if you're into music, but if my rambling gets to a point where you just can't stand it, please just fast forward my annoying voice."

thing is, luke loved music. he loved how everything managed to fit itself into place after every masterpiece. he loved how complicated, yet simple the language of music was. sadly though, he never really had enough money to introduce himself to the art, but he always had adored it from a distance.

"thankfully, the guitar was on sale, so it wasn't that pricey. afterwards, i walked towards a trail that was behind the park. and here i am, talking to the wind, and playing my guiatr."

luke smiled when he heard faint plucks and strums form from the guitar, as the boy once again spoke;

"i know you probably won't really like my voice, but may i please sing to you, lucas?"

___________

tbh i don't really know how to use semicolons

also this is rly bad like i just really wanted to finish this update bc it was taking me a g e s

question: are you muke af?