Chapter 6: 1 year later

Kaylin's pov
*One year later*

"Your ruining everything!" I heard someone scream waking me from my sleep. I growled angrily, they should know not to wake me up on a weekend.
"Oh shit!" Someone whispered. I stomped out of my room and quickly went downstairs. A smashed cake laid on the hallway with some of my pack members surrounding it.
"What the hell happened and why was I woken up?" I yelled. Clara, Damion, Xander, Fay, Lucian, Josh and Ethan stood around looking guiltily at the floor. "Just answer the question." I growled.
"Well you know since it's our birthday Clara and Fay made this cake and while they were trying to get it to the living room. The boys and I kind of..." Ethan said trailing off.
"Kind of what Ethan?" I asked slightly nicer.
"Well you know how you told us not to throw the football in the house?" Lucian asked looking extremely afraid. I looked back at the smashed cake to see a football halfway in the cake my eyes turning darker.
"You idiots!" I growled. "Get this cleaned up now!" I yelled before walking back upstairs. They nodded knowing payback was coming at training. I headed back to my room and quickly changed into workout clothes. (Outfit) It was light grey yoga leggings, a black tank top and black converse. I put my hair up in a bow at the top of my head making sure my wolf tooth was around my neck before heading back downstairs.
The cake was cleaned up now, not even a stain on the floor. Ethan stood by the stairs and smiled when he saw me.
"Happy birthday Kaylin." He said smiling.
"Happy birthday brother. I'm going on a run. I'll be back in time for training." I told him before raising my voice. "Everybody should be ready for training when I get back. If not there will be hell to pay."
With that I walked out of the house. Different pack members told me happy birthday on the way and I thanked them all back before changing into my wolf.
I smiled as I ran through the woods. My paws sunk into the dirt ground while the world around me blurred. One year, that's how long it's been since I left that pack. Since I made my own pack. Clara let Ethan have his rightful position as beta while she took over the position for third in command. Our pack has grown into the biggest and strongest pack in the year I've been Alpha. We were the warrior pack, like my parent's pack before us. Whenever a pack needed help from vampires, witches, other werewolves and hunters they called us in to help.
My old pack was slowly falling apart with my ex-mate as their leader. Since most of his Alpha power was drained. But not once they called on the Everlasting Night pack to save them. Which I was quite happy about. The rogues that were thrown out of their pack for stupid things were welcomed into our pack with open arms, because after all that's what started this pack. Six young unwanted 'rogues' who let a weak 'rogue' into their pack.
I stopped at my waterfall and laid on one of its white rocks just thinking about the life I know had. Never have I dreamed that I would have such a wonderful pack and family. The memories we have made and continue making were all happy. And even when a fellow member has fallen in battle, which wasn't very often, we cherished their memories.
A battle howl broke me out of my thoughts. I instantly knew it came from the pack house and ran as fast as I could to get there. When I finally got there I saw about ten wolves dead on the ground while ten more were laying on their stomach in submission. I made sure none of the dead wolves were ours before shifting.
"How dare you attack my pack!" I growled angrily. The injured pack members of mine were quickly helped up by others and taken to the pack house, most likely to the pack doctors. Ethan, Clara, and Damian stood behind me in their wolf forms. "Shift now!" I ordered going full Alpha. Other pack members threw clothes to the guys and girls that shifted.
"What are you doing Lin?" Ethan whispered. I growled at him making him whimper.
"Who organized this?" I asked. Nobody answered making Night grow more and more furious. She took control making the ten werewolves in front of me wolves take control and bow to me. "Now I'll ask again why did you attack my pack?" She growled.
A man came forwards his head completely bowed, both Night and I could see how malnourished he and his friends looked making our anger drop slightly. "O-our alpha ordered this. W-we didn't want to I swear!" The guy said getting on his knees. "He k-killed some of our family's a-and told us i-i-if we didn't he'd kill us."
"What pack?" Night asked getting furious again but not at them.
"Luner Pack." He whimpered.
"Every warrior ready to fight get ready. We have a pack to straighten out. Ethan, Josh and Fay take these ten and get them cleaned up. I will pardon your crimes this time since you were ordered to by fear but next time know that if you attack my pack I will not hesitate to kill each and everyone of you. This pack is my family and I don't like seeing them hurt." I told them as Night gave me control.
"Thank you." The ten said before Ethan Josh and Fay took them to the pack doctors. All except the one who answered my questions. He walked forwards towards me making Clara growl at him.
"Calm down Clara, and you whats your name?" I asked nicely.
"Jack." He answered looking at me like I was the best thing in the world.
"Was there something you needed Jack?" I asked sweetly. He nodded stepping closer. I looked him in the eyes and gasped as I backed up a step.
"Lin? Lin are you okay?" Clara asked glaring at Jack. A growl rumbled out of my throat as Damian turned me around.
"It's not possible." I whispered looking up at her with fear in my eyes.
"What's not possible?" Damian asked as Jack growled at him.
"He can't be my mate, my mate rejected me. It's not possible, right Clara?" I asked freaking out.
"Lin calm down!" I heard Fay yell as she appeared right next to me. "It's possible, my mate rejected me too remember but now I have Josh as my mate. This is your second chance Kaylin, I suggest you take it. It's been a year and even thinking about your old pack or anything still upsets you and even though you try to hide it I can tell your unhappy." She said giving me a hug. I nodded turning around before looking at him. He looked scared and confused as I walked up to him.
"If your going to reject me then just do it." He growled glaring at the ground. I tilted his head up and smiled at him.
"Now why would I do that Jack?" I asked him. He shivered as I said his name making me giggle.
"That's what my other mate did to me so why would you be any different?" He asked sadly.
"Because the same thing happened to me but mine is different since after being rejected he almost killed me." I told him honestly. I really didn't have anything to worry about since my whole pack already knew about my past. His eyes grew dark as he pulled me into a hug.
"I'll kill anyone who hurts you!" He growled.
"Sweetheart first you have to worry about getting healthy. Plus you can't really stop that with me being the Alpha of my pack but thanks anyways." I said chuckling. "Now lets get these wounds of you checked out and then before my pack leaves we can get to know each other a bit more."
"One question." He said.
"And whats that?" I asked tilting my head.
"What is the name of my beautiful mate?" He asked smiling. I blushed smiling back.
"Kaylin, Kaylin Shade." I answered.