Don't Forget Where You Belong

Don't Forget Where You Belong // One Direction

Liam Payne

              SOMETIMES he wonders what it would be like to have a different life, to be someone else. to have different thoughts and worry about other things. he'd say he hates what he lives with, what and who he is, but that would be a lie. yeah, sometimes the thought would cross his mind, but he never really meant it because he's thankful for what he's got. he wouldn't want it any other way, he knows he's lucky. he just hates when things get chaotic, when people are yelling, faces red, veins full of fury. he absolutely hates it. it makes him want to burst into tears, proving his "sensitive" label. people say he's the sensitive one out of the group and i guess to some extent, it's true. 

            it hurts him when the people he loves are hurt, when the fans get all defensive of them and take it too far. and what absolutely sucks is that maybe that's why he can't seem to make a proper relationship work. it's worse for his mate harry, being the youngest one of them, people get defensive with whoever he's seen with. but liam's happy that harry doesn't let it bother him too much and that the fans seem to be okay with his and sara's relationship.

             today, liam felt this urge to run away. it wasn't about any hate, fights, or anything like that. it was because he felt like the reason carter never called him, was because she thought he had forgotten about her. maybe that was the reason why she never answered any calls or messages, or maybe it was because having her busy with work and studies and what with him traveling around the world with his mates, there wasn't really enough time for long i-miss-you calls. he hoped it was the latter because just thinking about how forgotten she probably felt, it was truly painful.

                maybe having a long distance relationship wasn't for him. before carter had left to the states for her studies, he kind of knew that being far away from each other, would change them a bit -- even if it was physically or emotionally. hopefully it wasn't that big of a change that it would make them fall apart. 

          when he was younger, his mum used to tell him, "write it down so you won't forget it." he remembers a little liam grabbing a blue crayon and writing down his thoughts and ideas as best as he could. sometimes, you'd even find writing and drawings on the walls. now, instead of running away, liam grabbed a pencil (only because there wasn't a crayon in sight), a scrap piece of paper and sat at his desk. liam could hear louis and his friend alex laughing in louis's room (no way they were 'just friends'). liam picked up the pencil, tapping the eraser on the wooden surface of the table. he looked around him, not knowing what he was searching for. he glanced at an unpacked suitcase. they all had just came back from touring a few weeks ago, but liam hadn't found the energy to unpack. 

               a soft hum came from his pink lips, an unknown tune forming as he then looked at a map of the world tacked up on his wall. 

                "been a lot of places.. i've been all around the world," his quiet voice sang. a small smile formed on his lips as he wrote the words down. "seen a lot of faces..."

               his sock-clad foot tapped a beat, words written down quickly, the pencil barely lifting up from the paper. he was writing it down. 

                "made a lot of changes, but not forgetting who i was."

                liam had always found that written words could express so much. it was a way he could easily express his emotions. it only took a pencil or a crayon. it was kind of like drawing, except you were drawing with words... if that makes any sense. he was slouched over, his hand moving quickly when he heard a vibration from his night table. he ignored it, muttering new words under his breathe.

                "don't forget where you belong... home." the vibrating continued, but liam was too caught up on his writing to mind the sound. it was faint to him, the sound. what was loud and clear were words and feelings and beats. 

              "you were never on your own..." his hand lifted from the paper as he wracked his brain for what would come next. his thinking was then interrupted by yet another vibration. huffing, in frustration, he picked himself up from the office chair and walked over to the annoying sound. he looked at the lit screen of his phone, a surprised expression overtaking his features.

                 incoming call from: 'carter harris'.

               a smile spread on his face. he was smiling so big that his face hurt, but he could care less. she was calling. she hadn't forgotten about him. he felt this strange but familiar twist in his stomach and it wasn't a bad twist.. it was of pure joy.

                right before sliding his thumb across the screen, he whispered to himself, smile still evident, "and the proof is in this song."

                the end.

+

i am drowned in tears bc of this story ending and bc night fucking changes and the boyzz????/? and just omg what the hell.

[HEY HEY so if you guys get this to like lots of votes and comments, then i will post something like an epilogue for this bc idk, maybe you wanna know what happens next, so yeah guys. let me know !!!]