𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒆𝒓

⊱╮꧁6

⊱╮꧁6. Charmer꧂╭≺

T H E  S K Y slowly dulled with almost black clouds, making the girl on the horse intensely hope she would reach her destination in time. Already starting her calculations, how long she it would take her with Belle running this fast. Another fifteen minutes, at least. Cursing bitterly in her head as she felt something wet drip on to her cheek. Wasn't the day terrible enough yet? Seems like it wasn't. She wondered for a second if god wanted to punish her for insulting Josie and Billy in her mind. But then Beth thought those two would have gotten a way worse punishment than rain by now, if god really for such small sins. And if he really wanted to discipline people for thinking bad about others, it would be raining everywhere and all day long.

By now she could finally see the small forest pave. Chest falling with a deep relived breath. When she reached the Anderson's stables, she brought Belle inside. Giving her and apple from her bag, while padding her on the nose. Before she left, she threw a blanket over the horse and told her she would be back soon. Even though Belle couldn't understand her. It was nice to think she could.

Annabeth went around the house to the servant entrance. Not caring to walk any faster. Wouldn't matter anymore because she was soaked to the bones already. At the door step she wrung out her hair, even her skirt and shirt, also pulling of her drenched shoes. It was such a dreadful day. Getting bathed against her will not once but twice. When she came home with her clothes dry again, she half awaited someone to throw a bucket water over head, to be honest. Maybe she should just jump in a lake on the way home so no one would have to shower her again.

"Stupid Billy. Stupid rain. Stupid...stupid everything!" She muttered under her breath, slamming her wet hat onto the table.

"Who's Billy?"

Jumping in fright, she turned around at once. Huffing as she saw Mr. Andersons son, Roman, leaning in the doorway. She had been working her for good a week and every time she came in, he would be leaning somewhere. He wasn't half as formal as she had expected. Although he definitely was one of a kind. Annabeth had noticed, even after that short amount of time that he found entertainment in getting on his mother's nerves, also having a bad habit of smoking. They talked daily. He told her that he went to an all-boys school, which was a good hour away from Kensington. So he had to go by train all the time. She too, had told him some things about herself, but not once mentioned her mother, even when he asked why she wanted to work at their house. Ana just didn't want more people pitting here than the once that already did. Sure, sometimes it was nice, hearing an 'I hope your mother gets better' however having people crying at your feet, wasn't something she wanted. Not once had she seen his father though. She often thought he wasn't even home, but he was, always taking accepting calls.

"Someone stupid, Sir," she answered, nodding to herself.

"I assume the first school day didn't go great?"