𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒚

꧁7

7. Stormy

" D O  Y O U  N E E D 
A N Y T H I N G  E L S E ? " Roman asked looking her up and down. He wasn't necessarily worried about her, he just noticed how shaken up she was. It wasn't hard do guess, that she was deathly scared of thunder storms. The boy desperately wanted to know the reason behind her anxiety but something told him it was better not to ask. The girl shook her head not once looking him into the eyes. Roman wanted to tell her to get rid of this stupid habit of staring to the ground. Thinking she was way too wonderful to hide like this. "Okay," Roman said and slightly scratched the back of his head not sure of what to do. "I...um, if you need something, I'll be in my room...good night."

"Thank you," Annabeth spoke before he could turn around. He gazed at her for a few seconds, then continued his way without responding. She watched him as he disappeared in the dark corridor. Standing for a moment she looked around. Not once had she slept anywhere but at home without her family. Tingles run down her limbs at the thought of what her mother was doing. Was she alone right now? Was she alright? Was she worrying? Even though she didn't know if her mother was worried, she knew that she herself was worried to death. What if something has happened to her? Stop it, she scowled herself, you are just worrying yourself even more. Sighing she plumped onto the sofa. She trailed her hands over the soft cushions. They were a dark shade of red and Annabeth couldn't imagine how expensive the whole sofa was. Everything the Anderson's owned looked, felt and smelled expensive. The girl slipped under the sheets and lay down, putting her arms over her stomach. For just a short moment she closed her eyes, wanting to picture what living like this would be like. She dreamt about inviting friends over, showing them her new dresses and jewellery. Getting spoiled with everything she wanted, in so much that she could practically drown in pricey belongings. But was it something she really wanted? Ana shook her head, a frown resting on her face. She could almost hear her mother scowling her to stop that, because you could get wrinkles. Anyway, as Beth thought her latest dreams over, she came to the conclusion, that it definitely would be nice to have everything imaginable but that it just wouldn't be right. It would feel wrong, having too much things, when she knew people out there were forlorn and lived in much worse conditions than her presently. She wondered if Esther, Roman or his father ever felt ashamed for their money, when seeing a vagrant. Ana doubtlessly would.

A loud thunder crashing made her sit up frightened, heart pounding against her chest. Internally she cursed herself for being fearful like this. Never had she liked storms but ever since her time on the ship it had gotten worse. With a firm grip she tugged the blanket over her head, calming her breathing and closing her eyes tightly. Every little noise that sounded made her jump a little. She herself thought she was acting ridiculous. Her eyes grew wide when she heard something coming her way. In that moment she couldn't do anything but execrate Anne for her stupid horror stories. At first she didn't even notice her slight trembling. If she weren't in that situation, she would have laughed. But being scared like that she actually thought whatever was out there was coming to get her. She was on the brink of just screaming as the blanket was slowly lifted off of her head.