The one that almost got away.

Here's the next one for whoever's reading this.

I have a song thats goes with this one.

I'll try to find songs to go with each one shot.

Song: 'The one that got away' by Katy Parry.

-------------------------------

Cassie was beginning to growl, and just about tore the magazine she was holding, in anger as read the latest issue of one of the teen magazines.

In anger she throw the magazine back on the self and stormed away.

'why in the world did I even pick it up if had him in it?' she thought as she walked in a fast pace to Steam Punk section of the book store.

When she got there she couldn't read or concentrate on anything.

She slammed the book in her hand loudly as memories and thoughts, of her once best friend, started to eat away at her mind.

Who might you ask could she not stop thinking about and remembering?

It was Kendall Schmidt.

She had been best friends with him since kindergarten.

But but one day she came home to find that he had moved to LA to start a band.

Cassie was heart broken cause she thought that she and him were going to be more then just good friends.

She finally forgot about him and moved on until she moved to LA to to become an actress.

Now it seemed he was everywhere as a pop sensation.

No matter where Cassie looked she was going to be reminded of him.

Cassie groaned in frustration as she went to the music section.

She needed new music to listen to but not his music.

"Cass?" someone said as Cassie was going through the CDs.

Cassie looked up and around but saw no one who could have said her name.

She shrugged, thinking 'probably just my imagination.', and kept going through the CDs till she found new albums of Katy Parry, Niki Minaj, Selena Gomez, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber.

She wasn't a fan of Justin Bieber, she just liked a good drum beat.

Cassie loved to play the drums and act.

"Try this one Cassie you may like it better then Justin Bieber." a guy said holding up a Big Time Rush album.

"I prefer Justin Bieber," Cassie said looking up at the guy who was about five inches taller then her and wearing a dark pear of sunglasses,"do I know you?"

Cassie gasped in shock and stumbled back a little bit as he pulled off his sunglasses reveling his emerald green eyes.

"It can't be..." she whispered still shocked,"Kendall."

Kendall smiled at how she said his name.

"Yeah it's me Kendall." he said not really knowing how to start a conversation with someone he hadn't seen in years.

"W-w-why... A-are y-y-you here?," Cassie asked stuttering barley able to get the words out without getting tong tied,"and how do you still know my name? I thought you would've forgotten about me."

Kendall shook his head.

How would he tell her that she been in his mind since he came to LA.

"You've become successful in acting." he said trying to change the subject, hoping that she is still vary easy to change the subject on.

"Yes I have but not as known as you and your band," she said mentally smacking herself in the head cause she forgot his band mates names,"what there names?"

"James, Logan and Carlos." He said laughing at memories of her forgetting her own name and out of the blue asking 'what's was her name again?',"still acting like Dory from Finding Nemo."

"Yes but worse I keep forgetting I'm in a store with an old forgotten friend." she huffed pulling off two more albums from the shelf.

Kendall winced at the word forgotten friend.

"Are we still friends?" he asked her trying to find out of it was to late to pick up where they left off and maybe still be friends.

Cassie shook her head, she didn't know what to say. She didn't know whether they were friends or not.

"Look Kendall," she said with a pained voice,"I don't know, all I know is that I thought you and me were going to be more then just friends but I was wrong, so just go and leave me alone."

With that she ran out the door with tears streaming down her cheek. She knew that she wished, that he never left and he stayed with her, that she and him might have been perfect for each other but that's not the case.

Kendall ran after her knowing he should have taken her with him instead of leaving her without warning. Though he didn't know it until now that she was perfect, in every way, for him and that he loved her. Now he wouldn't let her be the one that got away. He was going to catch her and catch her he did.

"Let me go!" she sobbed trying to pull free. She had made it to her car, almost in it.

"No I want let you go," he said pulling her close to his chest,"I'll not leave you again and I'm sorry for not realizing how perfect you are for me and how much I love you."

She gave him a weak smile but he could tell she didn't really believe him so he leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and melted into the kiss.

She now believed him and she now believed that maybe they could work it out, maybe they could still be more then just friends.

They broke apart, all to soon, panting and gasping for air.

"Lets start over and go back to being friends and then when you trust me would you like to be my girlfriend?" he asked/said pleadingly

"Okay." was all she said. She didn't really know what else to say.

"Do you want to talk and catch up over a cup of coffee at the Starbucks back in the book store?" he asked glad that she let him have a second chance at her.

She nodded and they walked hand an hand back inside.

'She almost was the one that got away.' these words kept going through Kendall's mind as they talked and drank coffee.

The smells of coffee and pastries were sweet to the nose but not as sweet as finding the one person your heart belongs to.

-------------------------------

What do you guys or girls think?

Was it good?

Was it bad?

Should I continue with the one shots?

Should I leave this one a one shot?

Should I turn it into a story?

Comment, vote, fan, tell your friends and all that jazz.

Will write you guys one shots if you want me to, just tell me real name or the name you would like your characters name to be and tell me about yourself (hair and eye color, ect, ect) and what your personality is and boda bing boda boo I work my magic on you. More on the one shot then you.

I will take one shot suggestions if you have any.

Rusher4life;)

I big time rush in one direction.