THREE

It was years now and she had lost the count on the number of times she missed Dholakpur; a thousand forgotten memories yearning to be held in perpetuity

From running through the lavish and regal palace corridors to the humble simplicity of walking on the damp, fertile earth of the agricultural fields,

From the hushed secrecy of sneaking into the royal library at dusk, where the faint scent of parchment and ink intertwined with the comforting aroma of aged wood, beckoning her to linger indefinitely, to the electrifying sensation of raindrops kissing her skin and the earth's heated fragrance filling the air after a downpour, bringing the feeling of home,

From the joy of playing lighthearted pranks on her royal mentors with her friends and finding moments of respite from her studies, to the relaxed bliss of them sitting together on the vast,

green grass field, as they all laughed.

And in those fleeting moments, her gaze would subtly wander, seeking his presence amidst the group, until finally, her eyes would alight upon his captivating face, adorned with a radiant grin that mirrored the infectious laughter of their friends. His tender, dark brown eyes gleamed with the gentle caress of sunlight, while his tousled hair danced in harmony with the warm breeze. And when his smile graced his lips, oblivious to the rapid flutter of her heartbeats, she found herself entranced by his presence, a silent symphony of emotions echoing within her soul.

Oh dear! Was it not enough to tell she missed him?

"Your highness, Her Majesty has requested your presence in her chambers immediately,"

Indumati turned to see two maidservants, who informed her with deep reverence, prompting her to acknowledge them.

"I'll make sure to be there soon," she assured them, smoothing out her attire with a gentle smile.

"Unfortunately, Your Highness, Her Majesty has been quite impatient since this morning. Would you like us to accompany you to her chambers?" the other maidservant quickly explained, standing tall and composed.

"I understand. Please lead the way," Indumati replied, recognizing the urgency in her aunt's summons. With a sense of anticipation, she followed the maidservants, pondering over the unusual nature of the request from her usually composed aunt.

Walking through the seemingly endless corridors of the palace, Indumati finally arrived at her aunt's chambers, the domain of Her Majesty, Queen Suryaprabha.

"Aunt Suryaprabha, I am here as you summoned," Indumati quickly affirmed upon entering the chambers.

"We've discussed this matter previously, have we not?"

The queen's raised voice caused Indumati to flinch, her gaze slowly rising to meet her aunt's stern expression.

Her Majesty stood regally in her brown and golden royal attire, radiating a timeless beauty that belied her age. Despite being older than Indumati's own father, the King of Dholakpur, her aunt appeared remarkably youthful and captivating. Her dark brown hair, tinged with hints of silver, was elegantly braided, framing her delicate rose-colored lips that complemented her rich melanin skin. Yet, beneath her stunning exterior, her eyes bore a look of intense displeasure as they fixed upon Indumati.