10. Lonely

"Get up." Yuta spoke, nudging Mark. He was snuggled under purple blankets, groaning because he didn't want to get up. It was only 5:00 AM, after all.

     "No...."

     Yuta laughed, picking him up and bringing him into the small bathroom he had, standing him on his feet.

     "Take a shower, stinky. I dropped off your medicine, I need to go into work now. Don't be late for brunch with the boys, 11:00. Don't forget!" The blonde then left, leaving a very sleepy Mark to take a shower.

————

     Haechan woke up earlier than intended. It was Monday, which meant he had work.

     But, his shift started at 10:00, so he definitely had some time.

     "What do I do for 5 hours...maybe...clean-"

     His phone buzzed with a text, catching his attention.

     "Who the hell- Chenle...I swear to Christ..."

Lelelele

Lelelele:

This phone has been hacked by Jisung Pwark! Hands up, "Full Sun"

Full Sun:
Bro it is literally TOO early for this GO BACK TO SLEEP. Also who's Jisung?

Lelelele:
My new roommate!!!!
He's!!
Really!!
Rug!!
I meant cool!!

Full sun:
Well I'm glad you're happy but PLEASE go back to bed 😑 I don't wanna have to deal with cranky Chenle when he comes running to me because he burned the breakfast

Lelelele:
(gasp) HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF SUCH THINGS I've only done that once

Full Sun:
No you've done it at least 5 times I can count it because you came screaming to me when your old roommate would beat you for it.
This is what I mean by cranky now go back to bed 🤡

Lelelele:
Fair point! I'll go back to bed, good morning.

————
     Picking up his phone, Mark lets out a small sigh, staring at the text conversation he had with Haechan yesterday.

     It became an unhealthy obsession. He couldn't escape Haechan's grasp, even if he tried. His mind told him this was a bad idea and to go home. But his soul and this small part of his brain told him that Donghyuck was the answer. The answer to all of these stupid problems he had.

     He was scared of himself at this point. Mark's thoughts seemed to stab him constantly with questions he never had the answers to. It was like he was on a tightrope 60 feet in the air. One wrong move and he was completely gone.

     His phone fell out of his hand, landing on the ground and completely shattering. It was 7:13 and he was having a full-blown breakdown, hiding under the purple blankets of his bed. The entire world around him disappeared, only his thoughts left to scream at him. He was alone. Or at least he thought.

     Plink!

....

     Plink!

....

     Plink!

     Mark got up, groaning and heading over to his window where rocks were being pelted into it. Opening the window, he got a rock right into the eye, falling back and covering his face.

     A crumpled up note was slingshotted up to the 14th floor through the window, so of course Mark would open it.

     DIDN'T FEEL LIKE
     CLIMBING 14 FLIGHTS.
     MY PHONE BROKE.
     I WANNA HANG.

     JOHNNY

     Mark wrote something on the back, crumpling it up and throwing it back down.

     DON'T FEEL LIKE TRIPPING DOWNSTAIRS.
     MY PHONE BROKE.
     COME UPSTAIRS LOSER.

     MARK

     Around 20 minutes later, Johnny was in Mark's apartment, in awe at the redesign. The place was now plush and comfortable, pastel purples and blues colored around.

     Johnny sunk down into the couch, hugging a soft pillow. Mark followed shortly after, sitting down facing the other.

     "You finally got your life together!!!" He gasped, ruffling Mark's hair.

     "Yeah, my neighbor helped me...it's okay I guess..." Mark was bad at eye contact, even when it came to his best friends.

     "It's just okay? Your neighbor has GREAT taste!"

     Mark nodded a little bit, not even listening anymore. Which was another bad habit he had yet to break? The introverted male hummed, fidgeting with the couch cushions. He was totally out of it, which caught the attention of Johnny.

     "Whatcha thinking about?"

     "O-oh it's nothing...I'm fine...yeah..."

     "You don't look fine" He protested back, a concerned look on his face.

     "...dun wann' talk about it...now leave me alone." Minhyung grabbed for the remote, turning on the TV to distract himself. Worked pretty well, actually.

———

     Squish!

     Mark had fallen asleep, leaning against Johnny's arm.

———
Chapter 10!! Wowwww!! Thank you for reading!

———Chapter 10!! Wowwww!! Thank you for reading!