Chapter 1

Benjamin Kondraki woke up to the shrill beeping of his alarm. It was Monday. The worst day of the week.
He dragged himself out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom.
After getting mostly ready, he heard a thump and loud swearing.
Kondraki poked his head out of his bedroom and peered down the hallway. He saw his 14 year old son Draven on the floor. He had tripped over a laundry basket.
"Told you to put your clothes away two days ago," Kondraki said.
"Oh whatever. I'll do it after school,"
"You said that yesterday,"
Draven rolled his eyes.
"You need a ride to school today?"
"Nah. Taking the bus,"
"Okay. Be safe. See you after work, kid," Kondraki went back into his room and finished getting ready.

When Kondraki got to his workplace, he immediately went to the break room for his morning cup of coffee.
But to his dismay, there was none other than Alto Clef standing in front of the coffee machine.
"Damn it," Kondraki muttered. But nothing was going to get in the way of his coffee, so he took a deep breath and made his way over to Clef and the coffee machine.
"Kondraki. Fancy meeting you here," Clef sneered.
"Oh fuck off," Kondraki growled.
Clef laughed. "Not in a good mood today are we, Konny?"
Kondraki just ignored him and got his coffee.
"Don't forget about the little meeting we have today," Clef said in a mocking tone as Kondraki turned to leave.
Kondraki tensed up. He was usually the one reminding Clef about meetings, but once Kondraki has almost completely forgotten about a particularly important meeting, and now Clef wouldn't let him live it down. It was a sore spot for Kondraki, and Clef loved poking at it.
Kondraki shook the thoughts out of his head and continued on his way to his office.
He walked right past SCP-408's cell, and as a result, the butterflies flew out and gathered around Kondraki. He smiled at them.
"Good morning," he said, almost cheerfully. Kondraki sure loved his butterflies.
He took a sip of coffee as he entered his office.
"So, who's ready to do a shit ton of paperwork?"