Chapter 12

They woke up tangled in each other's arms. Both men were too tired to say or do anything about it.
"Fuck Alto... you move around in your sleep way too much.." Kondraki mumbled.
"Yeah, well at least I don't talk in my sleep," Clef snuggled closer to Kondraki.
"Shut up. I don't talk,"
"Yeah you do." Clef snickered.
"Oh whatever. At least you didn't have to wake up with a foot in your back or a hand in your face." Kondraki yawned.
They both sat together for a moment.
"Should we get ready?"
Clef nodded.
The two slowly dragged themselves out of bed.
While Clef was in the bathroom washing his face, Draven came in.
Draven looked at him. "Who the fuck are you?"
"Who the fuck are you?" Clef sounded confused.
"I asked you first,"
"Well I asked you second,"
"Fair enough," the mini Kondraki crossed his arms. "I'm one of the dipshits that lives in this house,"
"Draven? Right?"
He nodded.
"Ah. Yes. I've heard about you. My name is Alto Clef. Friend of your father's. Pleased to meet you." He smiled his sharp toothed smile.
"Aren't you the guy that dad always fights with?"
"Things change,"
"Whatever. Get out of my bathroom. Gotta get ready for school." Draven pushed past him.
"Oops. Sorry." Clef left the bathroom and walked back to Kondraki's room. "Just met your son. He seems nice,"
Kondraki poked his head out of the closet. "Did he kick ya out of the bathroom?"
"Yup,"
The taller male chuckled. "Yeah, he does things like that. Now, do you have any spare clothes? You're a twig. You won't fit any of this,"
"Nope. But it's fine. I'll just wear yesterday's clothes,"
They went back to getting ready.
"Hey Clef..." Kondraki asked.
"What's up, Ben?"
"How do I talk to Draven about this?"
"Uh..." Clef thought for a moment. "You don't,"
"And what if I do happen to die?"
"Konny, stop worrying. You ain't gonna die. I promise,"
The taller man rolled his eyes. "You're known for lying. That's your biggest personality trait,"
"This time you can trust me. Okay?"
Kondraki thought for a moment. Did he trust Clef? Was it even a good decision?
"Alright. I trust you,"
Clef smiled.

Kondraki had just finished getting ready when he heard loud arguing in the kitchen.
He walked downstairs to see Draven and Clef playing tug-o'-war with a box of waffles.
"What the hell are you two doing?"
"He's trying to eat all the waffles!" Draven yelled.
"Yeah, well this kid won't let me have any!" Clef yelled, sticking his tongue out at Kondraki's mini me.
Kondraki sighed. "There are two boxes. We aren't just going to run out of them,"
Draven finally yanked the box out of Clef's hands. Clef crossed his arms and pouted.
Both Kondraki's looked at each other and laughed.
"It's not funny,"
"Oh yes it is," Draven said. Ben nodded in agreement.
"Oh, and by the way, dad, can I get a ride to school?"
Ben and Alto nervously looked at each other.
"Uh... of course you can, kid,"
"Thanks, Dad." Draven hugged Kondraki.
"No problem." Benjamin smiled.
Then his son went to stuff the waffles in the toaster.

The car ride was a silent and awkward one. The two older men sat in the front seats, occasionally glancing at each other and the teenager in the back seat.
"You guys are acting weird. What's up with that?" Draven asked, finally breaking the silence.
"We're going to be doing some... more dangerous testing today..." Kondraki responded.
His son could tell this was a lie. Or at least not the whole truth.
"Really? You've never acted this way before though,"
"It's... complicated. Don't really want to talk about it right now." Kondraki glanced at Clef.
"Fine," Draven crossed his arms, "don't talk to me about it. I don't care,"
"I'm sorry, kid,"
Clef pulled up in front of Draven's school.
He almost got out before Kondraki stopped him.
"Bye kid. I love you,"
"Love you too, dad..." Draven muttered.
After Draven got out, Clef and Kondraki sat in the car for a little bit longer.
"Hey Konny?"
"What's up, Cleffy?"
"After work, wanna go get coffee? I'll pay,"
"That sounds great,"