Chapter 11

"Are you sure you want the couch? I mean, we have a guest bedroom y'know,"
"I like the couch. Lets me know if there's a possible threat. I'm sorta..." Clef thought for a moment. "I'm sorta paranoid, I guess you could say,"
Kondraki looked at him and smiled slightly.
"Well if you need anything, I'm in my room, okay?"
"Alright. Now you actually need to go to sleep and not stay up until the sun rises,"
"Okay, okay, fine,"
Clef suddenly hugged Kondraki.
"What's this for?" Kondraki asked.
"It's affection you idiot," Clef said, laughing.
"Thanks." Kondraki wrapped his arms around the smaller man.
They stood like this for a few extra seconds. When they finally pulled away from each other, they were both blushing slightly.
"Well.. goodnight Alto,"
"'Night, Ben,"

Clef was finding it hard to sleep. A feeling in the pit of his stomach kept him awake.
He was about to close his eyes in another fruitless attempt to fall asleep, but he heard footsteps in the hallway.
Clef got up and silently crept to the source of the noises. They were in the kitchen.
He peered in to see who was awake and why.
Kondraki was pacing around the kitchen talking on the phone. He seemed to be in distress.
Clef decided to listen to the conversation.
"No, no, listen... Erica, listen," he paused. "It's only a possibility." He listened for a moment. "No, I haven't told Draven. I... don't know how to tell him," he sighed. "Yes, yes, I know. Okay, I'm sorry. Bye,"
Kondraki hung up and sat at the kitchen table. He put his head down.
"Is everything alright?" Clef asked, stepping in.
Kondraki jumped up. "What? Oh, yeah... I'm fine.."
"Doesn't sound like it," Clef sat next to him. He noticed that Kondraki's eyes were puffy and red. He had been crying.
"It's just... I'm worried. What if I do end up dying, and I have to leave Draven?" His voice sounded fragile. Like he might cry at any moment.
"Look, Ben... if it goes like it did last time, then the plan will work out just fine,"
"What do you mean "like it did last time"?"
"Uh... it's hard to explain.. just forget I said it,"
Kondraki gave him a confused look.
"Ben, you just need to get some sleep. Okay?" Clef said.
"Fine..."
They walked back to Kondraki's room.
"Are you alright on your own?" Clef asked.
"No, I'm not sure..." Kondraki said. He wasn't making eye contact with Clef.
Clef pulled Kondraki into another hug. He started softly singing.
"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray.
"You'll never know dear how much I love you..."
"So please don't take my sunshine away," they finished the last line together.
Kondraki smiled. "Thank you, Alto.."
"Anything for you, Konny. Now you need to go to bed,"
Kondraki crossed his arms and huffed. "Do I have to?"
"Yes, yes you do,"
"Fine." He rolled his eyes.
"I'll sing you to sleep if that makes you feel better,"
Kondraki chuckled. "I dare you to do it,"
"Challenge accepted."
Clef fell backwards on the bed and pulled Kondraki down with him. He then squeezed Kondraki in a tight hug.
They both laughed.
"Okay, I'll go to sleep," Kondraki said, trying to hold back a laugh.
Clef pulled a blanket over the two. "Good. My work here is done,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry this took so long!
Most of the time was just me trying to draw something for the chapter cover, but I felt unmotivated, then I tried to find something on google, but I didn't find anything that fit the mood, so in the end I was just like "Fuck it" and I just slapped on some music.
Sorry.