Chapter 9

•Christmas Eve•

Christmas Eve dinner was always a tradition. My mom normally had a nice dinner and party with all family mixed together. This year mom said everyone decided to come, because this is my first Colorado Christmas in 7 years. Me and the guys spent all day preparing food and cleaning. Once it was time we were able to get ready. Running to my bedroom I showered for 30 mins. I then blow dried and straightened my hair, putting on my holiday make up I started to get dressed. Even though it's freezing in Colorado I always wear a dress or skirt every Christmas Eve. Throwing on my outfit.

Once I was completely ready I heard guests start to come in

Once I was completely ready I heard guests start to come in. As I promised my mom she was wanted me to sing for everyone. I was looking through all holiday songs and still couldn't choose. The guys had brought down my piano this morning. I think I'm going to go with my favorite one. I think mom will love it. I heard a knock at my door. Opening it I saw Conner.
"Hey you rea-" he stood there shocked. He shook out of it before scratching the back of his neck.
"Umm you ready?"
I laughed. "Yes Conner come on." Grabbing his hand I pulled him downstairs. Ryan jumped up.
"Your highness you look amazingly gorgeous." Being his dramatic self he got on one knee kissing my hand. I rolled my eyes.
"Ryan get off the floor." I laughed at his sweet gesture. Hugging him I smiled.
"Oh my god Emma Winters." I looked down and saw one of my cousins step child Amelia.
"That's me!" I smiled bending down to her level.
"Ms Winter may I have an autograph." She smiled. I laughed.
"Sweetheart your family of course." I kissed her head as she ran to get her CD. Once I stood up I turned to see Conner staring at me. I tilted my head to the side, realizing he was caught he quickly looked away. Why is he staring? Do I have something on my face? I shrugged it off before taking pictures and talking to family members. Once mom pulled dinner out everyone began to feast. I sat next to Amelia and Conner. We all ate dinner and talked for hours. My mom pulled out her homemade egg nog, and everyone gathered in the family room where the piano was set up.
"Settle down everyone. My incredibly talented daughter is going to sing a song for us. Emma I'm so proud of you." She started to tear up. I jumped up giving her a hug. She sat down and I took my seat at the piano bench.
"So I will be singing one of me and my moms favorite Christmas songs. Hope you all like it. Oh and also this one goes out to my little cousin Amelia, thank you for being a fan I love you." Her mom was beaming having it all on video for her. I took a deep breath and let my hands move the keys, creating my favorite melody.

Mary did you know that your baby boy would one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you
Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
When you kiss your little baby, you kiss the face of God
Mary did you know? Mary did you know? Mary did you know?
The blind will see, the deaf will hear, the dead will live again
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb
Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy would one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect lamb?
That sleeping child you're holding is the great I am
Mary did you know? Mary did you know? Mary did you know?
Mary did you know? Mary did you know? Mary did you know? Oh
Mary did you know?
(Mary did you know, Pentatonix)
Once I was finished, I looked up and saw most of my family in tears. They clapped for what seemed like hours giving them all hugs I said,
"Merry Christmas everyone it's good to be back home." Hugging my mom last she bear hugged me. After everyone left out parents went to bed as me and the guys got dressed in our matching pajamas our moms picked out.