03

So Min Yoongi asked you to prom

You declined apparently, that's what I heard from the rumors anyway. They spread like wildfires here. When lunch rolled around, I asked you about it, Yoongi is the most popular boy in our grade after all, why would you turn him down?

"Because I'm going with you obviously," you answered, munching down on a french fry.

"Are you sure?" I asked, stealing a fry from your tray and earning a frown from you. "It's Min Yoongi we're talking about here."

You snatched the fry out of my hand and plopped it back into your own mouth, "Well, you'd be lonely if I went with him. What kind of best friend does that?"

"Come on, if you want to go with him then go. Besides," I shrugged. "Lee Ji-eun asked me."

Your mouth dropped open in surprise and you slapped my arm, "What? When? Why didn't you tell me?"

I raised an eyebrow, "At your birthday party, I didn't want to make it about me on your day."

"Jungkook, Ji-eun is like the hottest girl ever, I would date her if I could," you smirked. "Go with her! She's hella fucking cool, maybe something will blossom."

You wriggled your eyebrows and I rolled my eyes. I wanted to go with you but I can't admit that. Not after you telling me to forget about the kiss. Anyway, I told Ji-eun I would go with her last period. It may not be so bad, Ji-eun is beautiful, I'm not going to lie. I'll do my best to have fun at the dance and forget the fact that you're going with another man.

 I'll do my best to have fun at the dance and forget the fact that you're going with another man