New Dive Tech

Alice pov:

"Alice, remind me again, why have we been waiting in this line for almost three weeks?" My best friend, Arya Strider asked me as I wait with anticipation.

"It's only the biggest and best, top of the line VR game available in the world! The graphics are the most realistic, as well as your sense of touch, taste, hearing, and sight being absolutely remarkable without having that funny screen blur as seen with the older VR setups! And-"

"I get the point. Sorry, I just don't see the point of waiting for three weeks. You know I'm not that much of a gamer." She replied seriously, cutting me off mid-sentence.

"I know that, which is why I'll say it again. I really do appreciate you coming out to camp in-line with me." I said sincerely.

"Attention all customers! The store is now open!" An announcer said casually. Everyone is excited and the streets have almost turned into a riot from the excitement.

No pov:

It has been four hours, and Alice has seen several people walk out with their copy of the first ten thousand, causing Alice to start hopping up and down from the excitement and anticipation, then it was her turn. She paid for her copy and managed to talk Arya into buying a copy, emitting squeals of excitement from her friends' decision to buy it as well.
You are next in line, seeing a stunning blonde girl walk past you with the game.

"Hey, Klein. Check that girl!" You whispered with wide eyes.

"Yeah, she's hot. I wonder if she was here for SAO, or maybe another VR game?" He replied with an evident knot in his throat. While he replied, you got a good look at the game.

"Nope, it's definitely SAO." You replied casually.

You and Klein have been friends since childhood, though in-game you always played solo, only hanging around friends if they invite you to do quests and hang out, plus a game you and him usually play in long lines is to keep your eye open for any pretty ladies who may be in line purely out of your guy-instinct. The one who spots the most by the end of the line wins the game.

Two hours later, you got back to your house and immediately found your sister playing a VR game about looking after a zoo, while your mom did dishes and your dad is out at work.

"Hey mom! I'm back!" You replied casually.

"Hello, happy camper, did you get your copy?" She asked with a chuckle.

"The things I do for my gaming." You chuckled with her, holding up your copy.

You found a way to stream the game from the NerveGear to any nearby devices, so you told everyone that you're going in, and your mom wanted to see the game, being into video games herself, but not enough to be classified as a gamer. You were told to be out in an hour to help with dinner.

"Link, start!" You said casually. Your body went limp as you could see the classic NerveGear booting sequence. You set up your character and spawned into the game.

"Woah... this is so realistic!" You said excitedly, testing for any movement restrictions as seen in other games.

You decided to go on a hunt, drawing your sword and killing some bush pigs to level up at least a little bit. After a few kills, you got halfway to level two and decided to log out to help with dinner as you were asked.

"Where's my logout button? It's probably just a bug." You thought to yourself, then someone forced a teleport.

A few moments earlier:

"Hey, Arya! Isn't this just so cool!?" Alice asked excitedly.

"I'm not gonna lie, this is impressive." Arya replied casually.