Kicking The Hornets Nest

"So what's your plan for tonight?" Alice asked you, who got a sudden look of suprise.

"Well, I thought that we could just hang out and see where today takes us." You said nervously.

"So, you don't have a plan for what to do?" Alice asked, then Kirito could be seen teleporting to you.

"Hey, guys!" Kirito said, clearly not expecting to see Asuna and Alice with you.

"Hey." Asuna said casually, turning to you. "Y/N, I'm so sorry, I realized I need to discuss something with Kirito. Is it okay if we hang out another time?" Asuna asked nervously.

"What about Heathcliff? He'll have my head if I don't return you and Alice by the end of tomorrow." You said seriously.

"I'll handle Heathcliff. Don't you worry." She replied confidently.

"No problem. Enjoy yourselves." You said casually, feeling at ease from knowing you don't have to stress about Heathcliff taking your head for losing Asuna in Aincrad.

"So, I guess that leaves you and me." Alice said with a smile.

You and her walked around the area, going for some low-level boss raids for some small money bonuses, before heading to a mid-level boss who you've never encountered to get the last attack bonus. After killing it, Alice received a medallion that grants an additional twenty-five percent bonus to any equipped armour. Before you and her knew it, night has arrived so you and her headed back in case of getting ambushed by player killers or monsters in the forest.
The next morning, you, Alice and the rest of the Blood Oath, as well as several other guilds, were called to an emergency meeting to discuss a boss raid.

"We lure the boss to the village. Then we attack it!" Asuna said sternly.

"But NPC's aren't just items, or objects, they're-"

"You think they're alive? Is that it? They are like objects, and unlike us, they can always respawn!" Asuna said seriously.

"Sorry, but I'm not cool with that." Kirito replied sternly.

"I am in charge of this operation. I call the shots, got it?" Asuna said strictly, staring down Kirito.

That afternoon, you and Alice went to the central marketplace, then you heard a bone-chilling shriek. You spun around with your hair standing on end, only to see someone impaled by a sword and hanging from a belltower. He disappeared into blue shards afterwards. Kirito and Asuna took over then scene.

"Oh... shit." You said anxiously, trembling and fearful of someone dying in a safe zone.

"No ways! This can't be happening!" Alice said, and she seems pale.

"Is everyone alright!? Look for the player with the winner icon!" Kirito said, clearly fearful of this situation. Nobody saw anything.

"Did anybody see what happened here?" Asuna said. Being a lot calmer than Kirito, she took over the crowd.

One very timid girl stepped forward. She is trembling. You started to feel nauseous from the fear of dying in a safe zone, so you walked away with Alice following you to make sure you're okay.

"What are we going to do!? People are dying in safe zones! It's not possible, is it? It can't be." You said to Alice, who knows what you're saying.

"We need to find the guys responsible for this, then get them to talk and say how they did it." Alice replied sternly.

"I may be a high-level player by now, but I can't handle this... what can we do knowing that we can die in a place where our health shouldn't drop?" You replied anxiously.