Seeking Revenge

"I can't believe it..." Alice said with shock as tears rolled down her cheeks.

You pulled her into a hug as you, yourself mourned the lost girl, despite only knowing her for a day.

"I'm going to find Kayaba. And when I do, I'm going to kill him!" You replied seriously.

"Y/N... are we partly to blame for what happened? If we had found Akihiko in time, could we have prevented what happened?" Alice asked sadly, trembling from sorrow.

"Don't even blame yourself. We tried to save her, but we are not the cause of death. Akihiko is the one behind everything. The only thing we can do now is to bring her family peace by clearing the game and ending the creator of this world." You said seriously.

"You're right... I'm sorry. It's just that she was probably eight at the oldest and I can't live with myself knowing that children are dying for stupid reasons..." Alice replied with sorrow.

"Hey Y/N!" Klein said happily.

"Hey man." You said monotonously.

"What's wrong?" He asked nervously.

"We just... we witnessed a little girl die in front of us. We think that either the hospital unplugged her life support, or her headsets battery died." You said bluntly.

"How little about?" He asked with a sudden realization.

"We think she may have been eight at the oldest." You said with sorrow.

"Oh..." He replied, losing his words from the shock of the situation.

"We're going to find Kayaba, and we're going to make him suffer!" You said with anger.

"I know you're angry, but think about it. If he is in this world, then-"

"Not if. He is here, I know it!" You growled angrily.

"How do you know that for a fact?" He asked seriously.

"The way I see it is that there's nothing more boring than sitting and watching someone play a game, especially if you're the creator of it. So, why would he sit back comfortably and watch, when he could experience the thrill of fighting alongside the players, only to turn on them when they least expect it?" You asked seriously.

"So, you're saying that he's one of us?" Klein asked again as he realized just how serious the situation is.

"Exactly. He could be a boss, guild member, or a solo player, or even a civillian player who is just trying to get by. Either way, I will find him and I will kill him on behalf of all the lives which were lost in this game." You replied with hate in your voice.

"He has a point. If I were a game creator, I'd want to play the game with my fans and not just sit idly by, watching from the sidelines." Alice added in when she regained her composure.

"So, will you join us? Will you help us find and kill Kayaba?" You asked seriously, holding out your hand to shake Klein's hand.

"I'm in." He said seriously.

"Great. Gather your guild, Kirito, anyone you can. I'll discuss a boss raid with Heathcliff and see if we can go for a high-level boss room. Once we level up a bit more, we go for Kayaba himself." You said confidently.

"I'll gather them right away." He replied seriously.

You nodded and walked away.

"Oh, and Y/N?" He called one last time.

"Yeah?" You replied seriously.

"Don't you dare take any risks out there. I still need my best buddy to have gaming sessions with once this is over." He replied with confidence.