Part Six

Memories flood back, as the words repeat in your mind. “There is no longer the need to run anymore.” The time you shared together is played back to you, pieced together like a jigsaw. 

You were caring… 

“Please, turn around My Lady, this isn’t something your eyes should witness. Don’t look until I tell you to.”

You thought of me as a person; you were nice to me; you even let me lean on you. 

“Would you believe me if I told you I was scared? Scared of the unknown.” “Would you pull me out of the darkness of my own heart, Mr Demon?” 

“What kind of Demon would I be if I didn’t save you?”

You are most definitely, a Demon… 

“I’m afraid My Lady, that I consume souls, not blood.”

And you were curious. 

“But, what exactly is the human concept of love?”

And now... It’s over. That’s the way it should be. 

“My Lady, please wake up.” I can hear it. The Demon’s voice. “Open your eyes.” It’s a first. I’ve never heard a Demon so flustered... “Open your eyes for me, My Lady. There’s no longer any need to run.” Don’t lie to me. “I will be your shield.” Don’t tempt me into living. 

“Live for me, My Lady.” 

It's over. That's the way it should be. But I don't want to let go. I won't. 

~*~ 

Light was, and will always be, blinding. As water drops drop onto your face, you blink, putting a hand over your eyes, blinded by sunlight. Several people crowd around you, a look of relief on their faces. Even Ciel looks slightly relieved. Only slightly, though. 

“Are you okay, Miss M? After you were shot I was sure you were dead. Mr Sebastian took you away and… I’m glad you’re awake.” 

“This is an order, don’t die on me ever again.” 

You smile, but something doesn’t feel right. Something isn’t right. Sitting up, you realize what it is. 

“Where is he? Where’s Sebastian?” You mutter the words out, extremely panicked.

“I’m afraid miss that Mr Sebastian was gone when we found you, oh yes he was.”

After exchanging a look with Ciel, you stand, only to then kneel back down. “Just give me the order.” 

“I order you; find Sebastian!”

“As you wish, My Lord.” 

Your legs ache, your breath unsteady, the only thought in your mind being rather simple. 

Find Sebastian.

“Where are you?” You mouth to yourself.

Trees, trees and more trees fill your vision, the wind pushing against your face. In the midst of all the greenery, there was one thing that stood out. 

Smoke. 

“Sebastian!” You scream out the words, as you break past your limits, your legs going numb, all other thoughts leaving your mind.

But there isn’t just smoke.

There’s the smell, the corrosive, metallic smell you’re far too familiar of. 

Blood.

“Sebastian!” 

You arrive, a fire being the cause of the smoke, a note next to it, engraved into the ground, the engraved writing being covered in scattered drops of blood. 

‘Want your Demon back? Then come and get him, if you can. Solve the riddle: where the dead lie, in all their glory, another fine, the end of their story. This auspicious event, only once in their time, being full of strife. It’s the predetermined end, but what and where am I?’ 

“Sebastian…” You whisper, running off into a totally different direction. “Stupid riddle.” 

… 

The dead lie in a graveyard, obviously. 

After running for over ten minutes, you arrive at the graveyard. 

But where is he? 

You look at each gravestone, looking for any hint or clue, until you stop, your eyes widening.
My name. Why is there a gravestone with my name? 
Before you is a stone, old in age, the words engraved into it being from long ago. It’s here. You run to get the nearest shovel, digging up the grave. 

A coffin now being in front of you, you sigh, exhausted at all the manual labour. Cracking open the coffin, you see the contents. 

A man with long red hair, and a chainsaw, dressed in red. 

Great… 

They opens their eyes, and you almost laugh at their terrified reaction to you. “Where’s Sebastian?” You ask.

“Sebas-chan? I saw him being taken away, so I followed them. When I dug him up, he threw me in here like Romeo hiding his Juliet!” 

You stand up, walking off. “Okay… Well, I’ll be going now. If you see Sebastian, tell him I’m looking for him.” 

A long day of searching brought you no results; you then having to go home to report and sleep. 

Getting into bed sends a pang of relief through your body. 

But then the door opens, a figure walking through the door, stopping next to your bed. “What do you want?” You ask, keeping your eyes closed, groaning slightly. “What is it, Little Phantomhive? Did you have a bad dream or something?” 

The boy says nothing in response. 

“Am I right?” You open your eyes, looking at the boy. 

Terror. 

That’s the only thing that could be seen in them. 

Fear in its purest form. 

“Fine, you can stay here with me if you want.” You move, allowing some more room for Ciel to sleep in. 

He’s says nothing, but you know the exact words to say. In your most soothing voice, you say the words. 

“This will stay between the two of us, okay? Goodnight, Little Phantomhive, sweet dreams.” 

~*~

Morning arrives, and you groan, dragging your heavy body out of bed, though there’s the lingering feeling in the air. 

Sorrow. 

I will find him today. 

You get dressed into the Butler uniform, looking back at the sleeping Phantomhive. “I will bring him back, no matter what.” And as you take out a pin from your pocket, you creep towards Ciel, taking a drop of blood from his finger. 

Now, let’s get started, shall we?